Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hello everyone!! Opinions on this flag please

Article about: Saw this flag at antique store and would like some opinions please. I thought it might be real then I saw a website selling Hitler Youth aged flag 3x5 and it pretty much looks the same. Than

Default Hello everyone!! Opinions on this flag please

Saw this flag at antique store and would like some opinions please. I thought it might be real then I saw a website selling Hitler Youth aged flag 3x5 and it pretty much looks the same. Thanks Hello everyone!! Opinions on this flag pleaseHello everyone!! Opinions on this flag pleaseHello everyone!! Opinions on this flag pleaseHello everyone!! Opinions on this flag pleaseHello everyone!! Opinions on this flag pleaseHello everyone!! Opinions on this flag pleaseHello everyone!! Opinions on this flag please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello everyone!! Opinions on this flag please
    P
    Many

Kevin

This flag is a Post War Reproduction.

The telltale sign is the rope lanyard which should run the entire length of the header of the flag. The reinforcement of the rope lanyard is not typical of Third Reich stitching or manufacturing. There should not be two separate pieces of rope at either end of the flag with a rectangular reinforcement stitch design around the rope.

Avoid this one.

Link to a company that sells reproduction (replicas that are the same type.)

WW2 German HJ National Youth Organization Flag 3 x 5 Cotton Factory Second

Smitty

Thank you! You stated not typical of Third Reich stitching or manufacturing. What would the correct stitching look like? Do all flags have the same type stitching or are there other types?

Kevin,

I would recommend looking at some of the posted flags here on the forum and look at the hoist side and you will see the stitching and methods of how the halyard ropes are secured in the flags. You may notice that the cross-stitch pattern is prevalent on most of the flags. Most folks don't take too many images of the rope and hoist side of the flag so you will have to scour through each of the topics. I would also focus on the flags that have been vetted as period authentic. You will start to see the pattern

I will post some images later but right now I am very busy.

Smitty

Kevin,

I would encourage you to look at some of the many topics on TR Flags on the forum.

Here are some images of some of the stitching most encountered on TR era flags. These images are from a period authentic TR flag in my collection, a very large State Service Flag. You may also encounter reinforcing tabs on the larger flags such as the one that I have shown. (Red squares of fabric) The reinforcing cross stitching can be found on many TR era flags and banners. This is one factor of authenticity, not the sole one, but it is indicative of the manufacturing techniques. Also, the rope goes completely through from end to end, not like one photographed in the initial posting that shows two separate pieces of rope.

There are numerous other factors that you have to consider when studying TR flags. Materials, printing techniques, sewing techniques, some flags have maker labels, (many are also fake), ink stamps, (again notoriously faked and added to increase value) and many other indicators.

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hello everyone!! Opinions on this flag please   Hello everyone!! Opinions on this flag please