Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hello! My first Post regarding a Flag Pennant NSDAP Variant

Article about: Hello everyone, I purchased this for 150 dollars. From what I've researched I've yet to come across any version like this. The price also seemed to be a bit fishy because most pennants of th

Default Hello! My first Post regarding a Flag Pennant NSDAP Variant

Hello everyone,

I purchased this for 150 dollars. From what I've researched I've yet to come across any version like this. The price also seemed to be a bit fishy because most pennants of the party seem to go for a couple more hundred each. Having said that, please take a look at these photos and let me know if you have any input. The vendor I purchased from is supposed to be very legitimate as he often sells to the militaria store in Gettysburg PA. It appears to be one sided, and printed.

Thank you for any contribution!Hello! My first Post regarding a Flag Pennant NSDAP VariantHello! My first Post regarding a Flag Pennant NSDAP Variant

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello! My first Post regarding a Flag Pennant NSDAP Variant
    P
    Many

Hi At, I would suggest showing some additional photos of the other side and some closeup images of the stitching to assist those evaluating this item.

Andy

Absolutely Andy. Thank you for taking the time. I have the photos ready to go and stupidly thought I wouldn't need them anyway! Derp! Sorry about that. Have to hop on my PC real quick and will upload now. EDIT: Uploaded wrong image. Im so sorry. Correcting it now.

Hello! My first Post regarding a Flag Pennant NSDAP Variant

Okay, so this image is def the correct one, but somehow the picture was rotated in the process of moving it from my Iphone to Pc. If there is anything else you need to see, please let me know. I apologize for inconvenience, I am an amateur!

Also, the Swastica appears to be printed or stamped. It is not stitched. I have seen examples of both but I am unsure what
    it means.

This is a typical NSDAP vertical wimple AKA pennant. There were numerous manufacturers of these pennants, and they used materials that were readily available to them to mass produce these, hence the reason some of the roundels have printed swastikas vs sewn multipiece swastikas. Sometimes during the printing process, you may notice that the roundel or swastika are a bit off centered, but this is due to the printing being slightly misaligned.

Single sided pennants would have typically hung against a wall, inside or outside, a shop window or used at Rally's, the roundel and swastika side facing front. In order to save time and money some of these pennants were only printed on one side. I have a few in my collection that are both printed roundels and sewn roundels and I have one that appears to have been two single sided pennants sewn together to have a mirrored front and back.

The price in my opinion is/was extremely high for this type of NSDAP item especially with the stain on the roundel (PLEASE DO NOT WASH OR ATTEMPT TO CLEAN, LEAVE IT AS IS). These were produced in the hundreds of thousands, and original wimples are still readily available today and in many cases under $150.00. These usually sell for $75-90 dollars. Since this was a smaller size flag/pennant, Soldiers would bring these home vs the larger flags as these were easy to fit into a duffel bag, but we also know that many larger NSDAP flags as well as other items may their way back to the states.

Best regards

Smitty