Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Hitler Youth flag

Article about: Hello I was wondering if I could get some opinions on this flag that I’ve seen for sale. The size says it is about 59.5 X 30 and owner says it looks unused. It looks okay to me but always

?

Default Help with Hitler Youth flag

Hello

I was wondering if I could get some opinions on this flag that I’ve seen for sale. The size says it is about 59.5 X 30 and owner says it looks unused. It looks okay to me but always prefer to get opinions from those who really know. If you look at the picture with the rzm tag you can see some wording beneath it. It says something about impregnation Good wash resistance. Has anyone seen something like this written on a flag before and if so, how would it have been removed when used? There are no ropes for hanging & not sure sure if there is a tunnel for a pole. My main concern is if it is original. As you can see there are some other tags on it also. I would have liked a closer straight on pic of the whole flag & not sideways on the bed but this is what I have for now. I appreciate any help and information anyone can provide.
    Duzig(Bill)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Hitler Youth flag   Help with Hitler Youth flag  

Help with Hitler Youth flag   Help with Hitler Youth flag  

Help with Hitler Youth flag   Help with Hitler Youth flag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Hitler Youth flag
    P
    Many

Hi Bill, I like the look of it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hello
    Ade, thank you for your reply. If I do acquire it I will post pictures.
    thanks again for your quick reply
    Bill

Bill,

I don't think I have ever seen one in such pristine condition. The RZM tag as well as what I assume are the manufacturers tags are very nice indeed..

I would have no issues adding this to my collection

Smitty

?

Smitty, thank you also for your comment. It does indeed look pristine & might be as the seller states unused. Also wondering about the writing that is on the flag regarding laundering & stuff. Has anyone seen this on a flag before & if so how would this lettering be removed before use?
    thanks again for your comment
    Bill

JMM
    ?

Beautiful flag.
    Not common at all to find one in such condition
    Great find

Bill,

I have never seen this type of washing instructions on a flag which in my opinion further confirms that this is a mint unused, never flown example. I would imagine that the gold washing instructions would have been some type of water resistant paint or ink. Combined with the RZM tag (which I also find rare on a flag) as well as the other paper tags again indicate that this was never displayed outside in the elements as I am sure that the paper tags would have been removed before being used outside. This flag could have very well been intended for indoor use only.

I really like this flag..

Best regards

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Bill,

I don't think I have ever seen one in such pristine condition. The RZM tag as well as what I assume are the manufacturers tags are very nice indeed..

I would have no issues adding this to my collection

Smitty
    I agree and as it has no hoist line or other attachment to connect it to a halyard I believe this is not so much a flag as a banner that would be hung indoors from a wall or architectural feature such as a bannister/upper floor landing etc.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Again, I thank you all for your info & comments & if I can make a deal with the owner & acquire the flag I will post pics of it.
    thanks again
    Bill