Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help identifying flag

Article about: Any help appreciated in identifying what this flag is and if there is a potential market - but I dont seem to have permission to post pics?? Any assistance much appreciated Thanks!

?

Default Help identifying flag

Any help appreciated in identifying what this flag is and if there is a potential market - but I dont seem to have permission to post pics?? Any assistance much appreciated Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help identifying flag
    P
    Many

This thread should help you to upload your photos to your posts.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Help identifying flag

Apologies for shoddy photography. I was told it may possibly be a flag from a tank "that didn't survive". It's 420 X 470 leather corners on one side only. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying flag   Help identifying flag  

Wingy,

Welcome to the forum..

Unfortunately this is a 1970's Japanese Reproduction.

The tell tale give away are the faux leather tabs.

Delta International and World War II Products LTD sold these.

Sorry to say this is not Third Reich Period (pre-May 1945)..

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

?

Cheers Smitty thats exactly what I needed to know. That came into my posession when the village idiot I married got deported on bad character grounds and the 54 years of crap he had accumulated was dumped on my doorstep for some reason...hadnt seen him for 25 years lol but Id spotted that in amongst the crap as potentially worth something.
    I appreciate the quick factual response...Im a bit particular about history being 100% correct.
    I do have something from WW2 that matters a lot to me because it took 2 generations and me locking up over 45,000km, An epic and at times terrifying journey from a boat in West Papua to Colditz, 2 more years of harassing war records keepers and determination to have actual proof of authenticity.
    My Grandfather was painted by a british officer while he was a POW at Colditz, something the war records department said was not possible because there were never any Privates from Australia in Colditz....wrong mate, he went through shit and chicken coops to get there.
    Anzac day last year they admitted they were wrong and he has his rightful place at the Aus War Memorial now

Good day Wingy,

I am sorry I could not bring you any good news about the flag but your Grandfather's story is simply amazing and one that merits discussion as well as recognition. I had a book many years ago about Colditz Castle and the POWs interned there.. An amazing story in itself and when you have some time I would really enjoy hearing more about the story of your family.

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty