Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler youth flag

Article about: Hello everyone Been awhile since I've posted. I recently picked up this HJ flag, but I've been online and comparing to others and come to think it might be wrong. The ends with the rope look

Default Hitler youth flag

Hello everyone

Been awhile since I've posted. I recently picked up this HJ flag, but I've been online and comparing to others and come to think it might be wrong. The ends with the rope look suspicious along with the stamping.

I might be wrong, but I've not brought a flag before so its kind of new to me

thank you for looking

regards

Luke
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler youth flag   Hitler youth flag  

Hitler youth flag   Hitler youth flag  

Hitler youth flag   Hitler youth flag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler youth flag
    P
    Many

Luke,

The flag looks alright but the overkill and the obvious red flags for me are the overabundance of stamps on the header. In my opinion the stamps are all post 1945 applied. It's a same really because the material pattern as well as the print of the HJ symbol is just fine..

Sorry for the bad news..

Best regards

Smitty

Hello Smitty,

thank you for the quick response and help. Overall the flag is ok except for the stamping. Would this effect the value (guessing it will) and probably worth returning?

regards

Luke

Luke,

It will affect the value since these are post 1945 applied stamps. I would return it if possible and wait for a clean example. There are plenty out there that have been tampered with..

Sadly though the damage is done to this one and if and when it is returned it will go up for sale again and another unsuspecting buyer will fall into the web of deceit.

Research is the key to collecting these items of war and those who only see the monetary side will know no bounds to make a fast buck and will stop at nothing to fool unsuspecting buyers..

Smitty

Hi Smitty,

Well thank you very much for the help and I've learnt something new and what to look out for in future. Would this flag have any stamping usually?

Regards

Luke

It is possible that it could have had an RZM paper tag, or a sewn makers manufacturers tag. I have not seen any with size stamps, but they may have existed. I have a HJ flag with a sewn makers tag (a confirmed maker) on the header.

Another thing that you can do is look at the HJ Gruppe and find what district (if any) that HJ Gruppe belonged to.

I have attached another example of the overabundance of stamps on a HJ banner.. You will notice on this one that the same HJ Gruppe is used but instead of the Roman Numeral II it uses the number 2, and this one is stamped BERLIN, 1943, and also has an RZM stamp... Again overkill and this one again was sold as an original.. But is an obvious post 1945 fake. The HJ embroidery is computer stitched..

Research and reference books are your allies..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler youth flag  

Here is another example of fake ink stamps on a standard National Flag (Swastika Flag). Note the ink stampings. Similar to the Hitler Youth but with NSDAP instead of HJ, the size 85x150, the date 1940, the city Hamburg, all post 1945 applied ink stamps..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler youth flag  

Thanks for the help and photos. Minefield german militaria. Least I have some idea now.

Luke

Luke,

We have all fallen victim at one time or another.. We learn from our mistakes and hopefully part the knowledge on to fellow collectors..

Prior to purchasing post your questions and photos here so we can vet an item and give you a yes or no..

Don't give up, there is plenty of original pre-1945 artifacts still out there to be found

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty