Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegs Flag 80x135

Article about: Hello all. Comments on authenticity appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Default Kriegs Flag 80x135

Hello all. Comments on authenticity appreciated. Thanks for looking.Kriegs Flag 80x135Kriegs Flag 80x135Kriegs Flag 80x135Kriegs Flag 80x135Kriegs Flag 80x135Kriegs Flag 80x135Kriegs Flag 80x135
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegs Flag 80x135   Kriegs Flag 80x135  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegs Flag 80x135
    P
    Many

?

I like it. No expert here but to me it has what I would look for. Reinforced corners and extra rows of stitching on bottom of flag.
    Duzig(Bill)

It looks good.. and the size of this type of flag being 80x135 would have been used on E-boats, U-boats and tug boats.

It has an interesting makers stamping on it.. I am usually looking for the Krieg's eagle over an "M" which would indicate a kriegsmarine flag, but with this maker mark it appears to have been made in occupied Holland..

N.V.P.F. v. Vlissingen & Co's Katoenfabr. Helmond (Holland), the manufacturer of the flag. N.V.P.F. v. Vlissingen & Co's Katoenfabriek Helmond (Holland) translates as Pieter Fentener van Vlissingen & Co Cotton Factory of Helmond, Holland, a company that was founded in 1802 and manufactured flags for the occupying Germans during World War II.

Smitty