Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help Identifying Nazi State Service Flag

Article about: I have been in correspondence with someone who collected a fair amount of WW2 militaria, and one of the items he has available is this flag. I can tell, based on a Google image search, that

Default Need Help Identifying Nazi State Service Flag

I have been in correspondence with someone who collected a fair amount of WW2 militaria, and one of the items he has available is this flag.

I can tell, based on a Google image search, that it's a state service flag, but the stamps on it I can't find any matches to online (at least in a cursory search) but they seem legit based on other examples of how/where the stamps appear. The SS markings in particular are intriguing, especially as in the one stamp you can clearly see "Himmler" underneath the eagle.

Does anyone know specifically what this flag would have been used for or where it would have been flown?

Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help Identifying Nazi State Service Flag   Need Help Identifying Nazi State Service Flag  

Need Help Identifying Nazi State Service Flag   Need Help Identifying Nazi State Service Flag  

Need Help Identifying Nazi State Service Flag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help Identifying Nazi State Service Flag
    P
    Many

A WaA stamp and a SS one together, why not an RZM? Flags can be relatively easy to fake and reproduce. A weird collection of stamp marks is usually the first red flag for any Red Flag.

ATK
    ?

Just like Anderson, i believe there is too much stamps...

?

Agreed, as Anderson and ATK said, too many stamps, SS, WaA, Himmler, the stamps make it right off the bat no good.

?

The presence of some of the stamps on this flag seem like they should not belong. The Himmler stamp reads “Reich Kommissar Himmler” although I believe it should have been Reichskommissar Himmler. Then there is the SS Lazarett stamp, and should a SS hospital be flying a Reichsdienstflagge. Maybe military hospitals in Germany, or if it belonging to the Waffen SS changes the procedures followed, were different because the flags of Rotes Kreuz would be all I would expect to see flying. It may have been shortened to be stamped on a tag but the name of the hospital in Berlin had a larger title than what is read here.