Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP double-sided flag/banner 58x30

Article about: Greetings, could I get some feedback on this flag/banner? It has a slot sewn in for a dowell so perhaps it's a podium banner of sorts? My main concerns are the stitching on the white roundel

Default NSDAP double-sided flag/banner 58x30

Greetings, could I get some feedback on this flag/banner? It has a slot sewn in for a dowell so perhaps it's a podium banner of sorts? My main concerns are the stitching on the white roundel, the fact the material is thin enough to see through, & I can't find another example of this exact size but I know there were a wide range of sizes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP double-sided flag/banner 58x30
    P
    Many

Default a few more photos

It's a good clean example of a podium banner.. I have a similar banner with the same zigzag type stitching and thinner material which would cause light to penetrate. Once you have handled some TR flags then you will be able to get a "feel" of the material and see similarities in the stitching patterns for the roundels as well as the stitching around where the dowels or other hanging elements would be.

The lighter material was more cost efficient since this type of banner did not have to stand up to the test of the outdoors and weathering. It was still a quality made flag but just a lower grade of material.

I have several larger NSDAP vertical banners/flags that were thicker in material but they also hung outside from buildings and other structures but stitching of the roundel is the same. I also have a HJ flag with the same stich patterns...

As far as size differences,, in some cases the Podium flags were designed and measured for a particular size podium, as all flags weren't the same sizes,, podiums differed in size as well... their dimensions, height, width, etc.... and I would assume that measurements of the podiums would have been sent in to the flag maker and the banners would have been "custom tailored" for a particular stand...

Again I would have no issues adding this banner to my collection...

Smitty