MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP flag

Article about: Just got this figured I’d share it and get your thoughts on it. Made in 1934. I tried to take a full pic of it but I couldn’t find a place big enough to

?

Default RDF flag

Just got this figured I’d share it and get your thoughts on it. Made in 1934.
    I tried to take a full pic of it but I couldn’t find a place big enough to
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP flag   NSDAP flag  

NSDAP flag   NSDAP flag  

NSDAP flag  
    Last edited by lamont; 12-31-2023 at 10:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP flag
    P
    Many

This is a State Service Flag or RDF, Reichsdienstflagge, not NSDAP.

It looks as if it had been repaired at one point as there seems to be two different colors of red fabric at the fly end.

I am not too convinced of the ink stamping though, since the RDF flags were used from 1935-1945. What is the silver on the halyard? Looks like electrical tape, can't tell from the image.. I do see the reinforcing material in the corners though..

I have not found a definite maker "D.F." yet as there are numerous flag makers that had those initials, but again whet concerns me most is the 1934 stamp...

When time permits I will do more research..

Smitty

?

It’s not tape but leather, and the maker is B.F. I added a few more pictures that might help.
    Thanks NSDAP flagNSDAP flag
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP flag  

I will see what I can find for a maker with those initials if that is in fact a maker mark..

Nice to see a multipiece made State Service Flag.. Most are usually printed on the same fabric..

Smitty

?

Hey Smitty , just checking to see if you were able to find out any information on the maker? I couldn’t find anything looking online. Is it possible that it was a salesman piece being that it was made in 1934 or was made in 34 for use in 1935 ? Just a thought.
    Thanks, Mike