Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Podium banner captured and signed

Article about: Hi Guys, this great item has just come inot work and will be going into my next sale on Sept 12th @bamfords auctions. Never been in a collection before and direct from the veterans family. C

Default Podium banner captured and signed

Hi Guys, this great item has just come into work and will be going into my next sale on Sept 12th @bamfords auctions.

Never been in a collection before and direct from the veterans family. Signed by the veteran and members of his unit. Interestingly also signed by a Russian Soldier. Comes with a photo of the Vet too. I really like it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Podium banner captured and signed   Podium banner captured and signed  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Podium banner captured and signed
    P
    Many

I wonder when the lettering was added ... back in blighty?? if not, someone was a deft hand at making stencils in the field!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I am a bit skeptical on the lettering and signatures. Many of the signatures look like they were written by the same person. Could this have been done for some type of reunion of the unit?
    John

Sadly the vet has passed away so the full history is now lost. I have this photo of him on his motorcycle.

Given the presence of the Russian signature I think they were all done in Germany in 1945.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Podium banner captured and signed  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I'm sure while there are several unknowns, there are a lot of knowns... the banner being of period construction, the names that are legible & could be easily researched and if they were added at a reunion and one person wrote a few names ( maybe those fallen? ) that wouldn't detract in my eyes.
    Last edited by Danmark; 07-27-2022 at 12:04 PM.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "