Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Podium Banner I Bought

Article about: Hello what can y’all tell me about this banner I bought?

Default Podium Banner I Bought

Hello what can y’all tell me about this banner I bought?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Podium Banner I Bought  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Podium Banner I Bought
    P
    Many

Can you take more images?

Just one photo is not enough to make a proper assessment.

Take photos of the top, the fringe, the roundel, swastika, front, back, ect.

Just based on what I am seeing, the roundel seems to be very low on the fabric and off center. It may be the angle of the picture but I have reservations until I see better images..

Initial assessment right now for me would be not one I would want in my collection...

Smitty

It was brought back by a us soldier and it was cheap I couldn’t pass it up I’ll send more pictures later

The picture I posted does not do it justice I’ll take a picture of it hanging

Here are some pics

- - ------- - -

Sorry about the flipped pics. When do y’all think this flag was made
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Podium Banner I Bought   Podium Banner I Bought  

Podium Banner I Bought  

These photos are not much better, the roundel and swastika seem crooked and the roundel in my opinion is too low on the red fabric. Would have to see images of the stitching as well to make a better assessment. The banner needs to be laid out flat on the ground and better images taken from above looking down from perhaps a step stool or ladder to reveal the entire length..

Typically, Podium banners will have some form of frame of material around the border of the fabric, this is missing on this example. Examples of larger banners without fringe would have been used outdoors vs the more decorative podium banners having fringe work would have been used indoors in various venues..

Without provenance and proof this was brought back from a GI as you said and further saying that it was "Cheap" is a red flag for me personally and I remain skeptical of this particular banner, however if it was told to you by the Veteran him/herself that it was brought back by them that is a different story, but if it was told to you by third party individuals then the old adage, "Buy the item not the story" would be appropriate.

Just personally for me I would not want this one in my collection as there are many examples of Podium banners that are out there in better condition and without design flaws such as crooked swastikas and the low position of the roundel.. Maybe a factory reject that ended up in the trash bin, but I highly doubt it was ever hung at a Rally or meeting...

Smitty