Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Real SS banner?

Article about: Hi guys. Came across this SS rostrum banner currently for sale by ulric. I always thought they were one of the best dealers but I have heard they’ve sold a lot of bad stuff. So I was just

This looks very similar to the 1970s Delta International Reproduction SS flags/Banners that are out there.

I would not spend any money on this one. Take the reputation of many "well respected dealers" with a grain of salt. If they don't have provenance and or proof, remain very skeptical. Period photos and research should accompany items such as these since the SS items are notoriously faked.

Smitty

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real SS banner?
    P
    Many

Quote by Stickandmovez28 View Post
    Did they have RZM tags? Didn’t the SS take over manufacturing for themselves, and therefore didn’t have to fall under RZM? Genuinely curious because I’ve actually only seen one SS flag that’s on the collectors Guild and it doesn’t have any rzm tag on it.
    Of course, the SS also used RZM tags! The SS was a formation of the NSDAP, like the SA, the NSKK and the HJ. So the "Reichszeugmeisterei" of the NSDAP was also responsible for licensing SS equipment. Just by the way, I agree with Smitty, as a collector you should generally be skeptical. At every dealer! Many dealers seem to be deliberately exploiting their good reputation to sell bad stuff here and there. This also applies to Ulric, on whose website I have already discovered several clearly fake NSDAP collar Tabs f.e.

Hi,
    I wouldn't want to have this SS banner in my collection.
    With or without a RZM label...

?

I could be wrong but I don't think the SS would be using any sort of vehicle flag that would identify them as being ss specifically.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2