Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Reichskriegsfahne World War Two Era Authentication?

Article about: Hello, I recently found this small Reichskriegsfahne(19.5 inches x 13.75 inches) at a local estate sale. It is made in Japan as indicated by the small manufacturers sticker on the leather co

Default Reichskriegsfahne World War Two Era Authentication?

Hello,
    I recently found this small Reichskriegsfahne(19.5 inches x 13.75 inches) at a local estate sale. It is made in Japan as indicated by the small manufacturers sticker on the leather corner reinforcement. To my understanding, it is law in the United States that the country of manufacture must be indicated before import. I know this from previous research on a Chinese manufactured SKS bandolier which was later stamped in English 'Made In China'. I'm wanting to know anyone's opinion on the authenticity of pre-1945 or post-1945 manufacture? One edge of the flag is unfinished as shown in a photo. I have done a 'burn' test on both a thread from the flag body and from the tie-cords. Definitely cotton on both instances. Also, I've included a 'black light' test photo against a common sport sock. As seen in this photo, the sock 'lights-up' but the flag is 'dull'. I know I have seen German Flags flying in the back drop of period photos from Japan, but I have never seen in hand a Japanese manufactured German War Flag and thought I would ask the experts. Thank you for your opinions and reasons in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichskriegsfahne World War Two Era Authentication?   Reichskriegsfahne World War Two Era Authentication?  

Reichskriegsfahne World War Two Era Authentication?   Reichskriegsfahne World War Two Era Authentication?  

Reichskriegsfahne World War Two Era Authentication?   Reichskriegsfahne World War Two Era Authentication?  

Reichskriegsfahne World War Two Era Authentication?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichskriegsfahne World War Two Era Authentication?
    P
    Many

Flag is a reproduction.

Bob

?

the tab's on the end, are a give away.

I think these are from the 1970's "Delta International" Catalog..

Smitty

Thank you gentlemen. I had my doubts, too! But, the tests I performed had me second guessing myself. I appreciate you taking the time and responding Cheers...Alex

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    I think these are from the 1970's "Delta International" Catalog..

Smitty
    I think I bought a similar one from Delta as a kid. But bigger. Use it for photo shoots

Here is my copy of a Delta catalog

Delta Int'l Catalog
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you MAP. The Delta Int'l catalog was fun to browse through. I might be able to use this flag as a backdrop or something.
    Cheers...Alex