Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reichskriegsflagge identification, real or fake!?

Article about: Hi everyone, I would like to ask you if the following flag is original, I have never seen this kind of flag without the rope loops and cord. It has No markings, it's a first patern 1935. 100

Default Reichskriegsflagge identification, real or fake!?

Hi everyone,
    I would like to ask you if the following flag is original, I have never seen this kind of flag without the rope loops and cord.
    It has No markings, it's a first patern 1935.

100 x 170cm

I would appreciate any comment and suggestions
    Thank you!

Reichskriegsflagge identification, real or fake!?Reichskriegsflagge identification, real or fake!?Reichskriegsflagge identification, real or fake!?Reichskriegsflagge identification, real or fake!?Reichskriegsflagge identification, real or fake!?Reichskriegsflagge identification, real or fake!?Reichskriegsflagge identification, real or fake!?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichskriegsflagge identification, real or fake!?
    P
    Many

I am not a fan of this RKF, in my opinion a post war reproduction.

Although we know that some Third Reich flags and banners did use grommets, but the RFK flags did not have grommets. These grommets also looked raised (US/UK) product while Third Reich grommets were flat.

Most RKFs would also have a marking on the header (not all) but most which also raises suspicion.

It also appears that there are three grommets along the header, (top, center and bottom) which for me is another Red flag (being that there is a grommet in the center)..

This may have been a movie prop flag from the 1970s. Ben Weed (Rest in Peace sir) had several movie prop flags that were used in movies like "The Dirty Dozen", "The Guns of Navarone", "The Longest Day" etc. based on the construction of this one, but with that said...

I would not want this flag in my collection.

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

I agree with Smitty, I would susggest a pass also...

Bob