Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz

Article about: Hi friends, back again on the hunt for a good example of a Sturmfahne. Here I've found another in very nice condition, with a green and (silver? gold?) piped corner patch indicating Kurpfalz

Default SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz

Hi friends, back again on the hunt for a good example of a Sturmfahne. Here I've found another in very nice condition, with a green and (silver? gold?) piped corner patch indicating Kurpfalz, though I think silver should be the correct piping for that. Not much to say about this one, other than the condition is really very good, almost too much so, and that it still retains all of its unmarked pole rings - would these have been RZM marked post 1933? No fringe, which I've read would indicate this would be produced in 1934 or before - though I haven't been able to confirm that.

What do you think? I didn't see anything suspicious that really stands out, but I'll let other eyes judge as well (click pics to zoom).

One-million thanks, as always.

-DF

SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz
    SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz
    SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz
    SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz
    SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz
    SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz
    SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz
    SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz
    SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz
    SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz
    P
    Many

What I do not like is the printed Swaz! The Flags of the NSDAP and their organizations have had sewn on Swastikas! I guess this is a period Flag, that was used privetly as a National Flag ("Hausfahne") and somebody added the Corner Patches and Rings postwar!

I like it.

Indeed SA Gruppe Kurpfalz with silver piping.

Standarte 166 located at Sankt Ingbert and Standarte 70 located at Saargemund (SA Brigade 250). Both at SA Gruppe Kurpfalz.

After 1933 came order that SA Sturmfahne should have silver or gold fringing.
    Altought SA Gruppe Kurpfalz changed color from pink to steel green at late 1934.

This flag first unit was Sturm 3/70 and late or after 1934 unit start to be Sturm 7/166

It might be this flag is "homemade".

Here is advertisement from Nationalsozialistisches jahrbuch 1927 where is mentioned printed swastika:

SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz

Translate:

Orig. HITLER FLAGS... (140/115) M. 10,- (Not to be confused with printed ones, swastika appears upside down on the reverse)
    -TJ-

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    I like it.

Standarte 166 located at Sankt Ingbert and Standarte 70 located at Saargemund (SA Brigade 250). Both at SA Gruppe Kurpfalz.

Altought SA Gruppe Kurpfalz changed color from pink to steel green at late 1934.

This flag first unit was Sturm 3/70 and late or after 1934 unit start to be Sturm 7/166

Here is advertisement from Nationalsozialistisches jahrbuch 1927 where is mentioned printed swastika:

SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz

Translate:

Orig. HITLER FLAGS... (140/115) M. 10,- (Not to be confused with printed ones, swastika appears upside down on the reverse)
    I disagree, TJ. It's about "Hitlerfahnen", not SA Sturmfahnen. They do obviosly mean Hakenkreuzfahnen for private use, not printed, but with two seperately sewn on discs (multi-piece). This is what the Advertisment says! It doesn't say if the swaz is printed on the discs!

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    What I do not like is the printed Swaz! The Flags of the NSDAP and their organizations have had sewn on Swastikas! I guess this is a period Flag, that was used privetly as a National Flag ("Hausfahne") and somebody added the Corner Patches and Rings postwar!
    Thanks for having a look! I assumed, probably naively, that there were printed examples of Sturmfahnen since I had handled at least one in the past. Of course, this was some time ago, and there's nothing to say that that particular flag wasn't bogus as well. Very good observation. Not looking promising for this one...

I like it.

I disagree, TJ. It's about "Hitlerfahnen", not SA Sturmfahnen. They do obviosly mean Hakenkreuzfahnen for private use, not printed, but with two seperately sewn on discs (multi-piece). This is what the Advertisment says! It doesn't say if the swaz is printed on the discs!
    Oh wow, well... it looks like this flag is going to require a closer look after all. Thanks both of you for taking the time to post this information. When I get home from work this evening and have some time to sit down, I'd really like have a good look at this advertisement you've posted, TJ.

I'm glad these last few Sturmfahnen I've posted have started some conversations, though. Great learning material!

Quote by DerFunker View Post
    Thanks for having a look! I assumed, probably naively, that there were printed examples of Sturmfahnen since I had handled at least one in the past. Of course, this was some time ago, and there's nothing to say that that particular flag wasn't bogus as well. Very good observation. Not looking promising for this one...
    You're welcome! The Flag is definetly against the Regulations of the "Oberste SA Fuhrung". I got these period photocopies of them. Unfortunately they are written in German (of course).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz   SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz  

SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz   SA Sturmfahne, Kurpfalz  

Thank you Sammler for a correct translate. I did use google for translating it.
    -TJ-

Thank you Sammler for a correct translate. I did use google for translating it.
    You're welcome, TJ! You know I do not need Google Translator.

You're welcome, TJ! You know I do not need Google Translator.
    Yes I know And it is really helpful in this hobby.

Those pages from Oberste SA Führung is truly interesting, haven't seen them before. Thank you for sharing those.
    I have Oberste SA Führung from 1935, but there didn't be that kind information.
    -TJ-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast