Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Small German ID flag pickup,info

Article about: Double const.single sided smaller size maybe 4x4 ft.Has brass gromets in corners,friends dad brought it back.What would this have been tied on?I know they didnt use them very long as turned

Default Small German ID flag pickup,info

Double const.single sided smaller size maybe 4x4 ft.Has brass gromets in corners,friends dad brought it back.What would this have been tied on?I know they didnt use them very long as they turned out to be a bullseye for allied bombers!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small German ID flag pickup,info   Small German ID flag pickup,info  

Small German ID flag pickup,info   Small German ID flag pickup,info  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small German ID flag pickup,info
    P
    Many

I would say a vehicle ID flag if it has 4 grommets. I am not able comment on the originality but the stitching is a bit suspect to my novice eyes. Others will comment.
    John

Thanks John,yes it has 4 groments,its original as my friends dad brought it back with an armband and 2 bayonets and a little single shot pistol.I first saw this "flag",we called it,when I was 9 years old and am now 65,he has pics of his Dad in 1945 Berlin.His dad had to shoot and kill a women who pulled out a little last ditch pistol on him ,friend still has that pistol.