Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Flag/Banner authenticity

Article about: Hello to all, I have recently got this SS banner offered to me from a relative who’s in the business for many years. What are your general thoughts on the authenticity of this banner, and

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hello PrivateC....what is a far away price tag on this flag and it can be a difference of $5000 US.... so that we are not narrowing it down exactly.
    Hi Larry, asking price is 2700 USD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Flag/Banner authenticity
    P
    Many

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    At first glance the runes stitching looks good but what's puzzling is how the fringe is attached.

Normally the fringe has a band of bullion woven strip the fringe hangs from.

Can you open the seam up slightly anywhere to see how and what the bullion is suspended and what it actually hangs from?

Don't damage it but I think you can separate the front from the back slightly to see how that's done.

One other issue are the trumpet banners cloth hangers. These were typically cloth but with tie off strips, or they were leather with snaps. And a 3rd option were stainless sprung clips.

If it was a wall hanging or podium banner that used a wooden baton to support it, why both sides with insignia?
    You have some good points there, especially the last one. Why both sides with insignia as it looks like this flag needed a wooden support. Unfortunately I don’t have access to the flag to do the checks you recommend. Thanks.

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Need better closeup images of the fringe, hangar loops, stitching around the runes. Also, photographic evidence of the foreign Volunteers with this specific type of regalia would be important. I would be hesitant to offer my thoughts on authenticity until I have seen examples of this type of banner being used.

Smitty
    Yeah agreed. I already did some searching but haven’t seen any of these flag types in action. There’s also no similar ones to compare with unfortunately..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2