Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS Lager Flag?

Article about: Hello, This Swastika flag has recently been offered to me. It's a very large size (400X300cm or 13'X10'), which lends me to believe that the flag itself is probably authentic... but I'm not

Default SS Lager Flag?

Hello,

This Swastika flag has recently been offered to me. It's a very large size (400X300cm or 13'X10'), which lends me to believe that the flag itself is probably authentic... but I'm not sure about the stamps. As you can see in the photos, it's stamped "SS Lager" twice... does that make sense? Would the SS have used a national flag at any of their camps, and if so, do these stamps seem to be authentic?

Thanks!
    SS Lager Flag?
    SS Lager Flag?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Lager Flag?
    P
    Many

Show us the entire flag please.

Smitty

Here are more photos of the flag. Looks like a pretty standard national flag to me... Multipiece construction on the Swastika. Thanks!
    SS Lager Flag?
    SS Lager Flag?
    SS Lager Flag?

I believe that this was an authentic flag that was marked with fake SS Lager stamps and size stamps..

Without any solid provenance I would pass,, and even with the provenance without period photos and other information it still adds up to "buy the item not the story"...

Too many common flags are enhanced with fake stamps and marks to increase value and fool unsuspecting buyers who have not researched what they are buying..

@ PizzaKaiser: Please don't think that I am implying that you have not done your research.. You have done well to ask these questions before purchase.. I have seen too many times that folks will buy before they investigate only to be told their item is fake and then they go off on a hissy fit asking all the pertinent questions after the fact and in many cases are still convinced after all the proof in the world is thrust at them that their item is 100% original..

The SS would have no reason to stamp an NSDAP flag with an SS Lager stamp... And the stamp itself has some issues as well... Why the tiny SS runes and the glaringly larger LAGER? should be consistent in size..

Not liking the stamps at all...

I just spent about 3 hours cross referencing SS ink stamps, Flag markings on SS and NSDAP flags and going through Third Reich document books to see if there were any similar SS-Lager stamps and there was nothing...

So again I am very skeptical of the origins of the stamps..

Smitty