Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Viktor Lutze - a car pennant as Chief of Staff of the SA

Article about: Another rare item offered at HH is Lutzes car pennant. Starting Price € 7,000 or U\\$ 8151.29

Quote by raz View Post
    Gent's you don't need luck in this auction , you need a lot of money which I have little ...........I wish I may I wish I might have this wish I wish tonight !
    True that and it is one reason why I don't even try to bid high end stuff, just for those stuff what I collect anyhow.
    -TJ-

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Viktor Lutze - a car pennant as Chief of Staff of the SA
    P
    Many

Quote: "Bob Lyons, did you see this? Starting bid is only $28956.75 U$!

Square pennant of scarlet silk, trimmed with a gold swastika border. Both sides featuring a silver laurel wreath surrounding a white circle radiating four white rays with black trims widening towards the corners. The obverse embroidered in gold with a swastika in the centre and a Luftwaffe eagle in each corner. The reverse embroidered in gold with a Luftwaffe eagle over the Order Pour le Mérite in the centre and a swastika in each corner. Two fastening clips protruding from the interior frame. No protective cover. Dimensions ca. 31 x 31 cm. This personal pennant was used by Göring from 1936 until his promotion to Generalfeldmarschall on 4 February 1938. The subsequent model also featured two crossed marshal batons."

Fantastic vehicle pennant Rich, I wonder how high that beauty will go for, and then add their buyers commission and postage, that will sting someone's bank account rather hard.

Superb photos, yeah I guess we can dream

Cheers

Bob

I do actually own one of Hermann Göring's vehicle pennants, this is a nice early one from when he was the Minister for air travel
    from the early 1930's.... It still has a fair amount of the original cello cover left too (the back of it is missing a fair chunk though).

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Viktor Lutze - a car pennant as Chief of Staff of the SA   Viktor Lutze - a car pennant as Chief of Staff of the SA  

It was interesting auction for sure. Some really grazy prises but still, some was reasonable, even with the fees.
    What come for stuff what I was after. Well I didn't make any bids, as I spend some of my extra $ for a nice tunic before that auction And can't have all at one time.
    -TJ-

Finngail, I decided to not do anything and your right, the crazy prices are ever increasing. I was interested in the Blood order and Coburg badge, not that I need another of each...staggering sell prices for sure. The HG pennant, OMG, you could purchase a great used Mercedes for what that went for.

Surprised Lutze's pennant did not sell though. Perhaps the price reflects lack of interest. Will see if it sells post auction.

Some other items did not sell and there looks to be a Florian Geyer W-SS tunic available but the price they want makes me cringe. Being on pension is not fun because these things are passing me by, being on pension means my sanity has returned, lol. Reminds of an old saying "one persons ceiling is another persons floor" and with that I am looking up from the basement and there are many floors above me.

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Surprised Lutze's pennant did not sell though. Perhaps the price reflects lack of interest. Will see if it sells post auction.
    I was surprised also if it not sells at post auction, I would be more surprised as it is nice piece of history.

being on pension means my sanity has returned, lol
    I hear you. as to me, I have still long way to pension. So, it means mine sanity will not return any day soon, what it comes to spending money for this hobby
    But lucky me, I had enought sense to not make bid and spend more money than I had planned. And that decision kept my wife happy.
    -TJ-

Happy wife, happy life!

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Happy wife, happy life!
    It is true.
    -TJ-

i whatched the whole auction, long day of listening to german language and hammers, but interesting and as usual in this hobby alots of crazy prices, i was bidding on some stuff and was happy to ad a Hitler Jugend Pole topper for my pole top collection.

Cheers/ Tobias

Glad you got something to add to your collection Tobias.
    It is nice looking pole top.
    -TJ-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast