Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets

Article about: Not sure if shown already 50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII 'found buried under old Turkish airport' | Daily Mail Online

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    There's also supposed to be a quarry in Lincolnshire that has several Lancaster's stored in crates. And just across the road from me was Burtonwood airbase, where it is claimed that there are huge underground complexes full of communications equipment... I even heard a story of a very large warehouse in France which is full to the gunnels with unissued British military equipment left over from WW1... And they STILL haven't found the gold train in Poland. Its all a load of bo**ocks.

There was a time in my life when I was professionally associated with Burtonwood, the memory of which was rather less of the US 8th Air Force than of
    the oversize US Army trucks from the year 1960 that had been in storage there for decades. I looked at these trucks in 1982, if I recall.
    It is the last time I was in the UK, too, mind you, which is something.

Burtonwood had part of the pre positioned US Army materiel ready for World War III in the cold war of blessed memory.

At the time, I was struck by the fact that these trucks were built in 1960 and had fifty miles on the odometer in 1982.

Such is the folly of war.

Today a Russian naval task force boldly sails through the English Channel on its way to pound the benighted in Syria and so forth.

What a world.

It is hard enough to find a piece of a Focke Wulf 190 let alone fifty of them wrapped in cosmoline in a magic mountain.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-22-2016 at 03:12 AM.

?

Default ah aha....

now I know what to do with that pot of gold the Leprechaun had to give me when I caught him at the end of a rainbow recently! WOO HOO!

Quote by jet1 View Post
    now I know what to do with that pot of gold the Leprechaun had to give me when I caught him at the end of a rainbow recently! WOO HOO!

I photographed one in the Rocky Mountains a few years back, it's not a fable!! No leprechauns around there mind, just a few injuns.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Angry

Quote by big ned View Post
    just a few injuns.

It's Engines youre meant to be looking for not Injuns

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Attachment 1009573
    Yes it's true!....
    To this day I still don't get what that paper was all about ....

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    To this day I still don't get what that paper was all about ....
    It was about women getting their paps out for the lads! Some of us from a certain age group will remember 'Tina Smalls' in this paper. Another sample of their style of reporting....

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    It was about women getting their paps out for the lads! Some of us from a certain age group will remember 'Tina Smalls' in this paper. Another sample of their style of reporting....
    Oh yeah I got that bit, it was all the other nonsense headlines like the above earlier ones !

50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheets50 German Focke-Wulfs that disappeared after WWII are 'found wrapped in sheetsThe magic tunnel narrative is generalized and spreading rapidly since the Silesian gold train took hold.

Nazibunker in Ludwigsfelde: Welches Geheimnis birgt der Stollen? - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Whatever increases the public appetite for old Nazi stuff, it is fine with me. I am hoarding more than my share.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3