Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Allied tank track from the battlefield

Article about: Hi guys, Whilst browsing the forum I came across a post by Mr Bull in which he concluded that Allied tank track links aren't as appealing to collectors as their German counterparts. This att

this is the A13 later type of webbed and spudded track
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allied tank track from the battlefield  

this shows 3 different types. A13 webbed on the right, boxed on the bottom and 3 links of A9 boxed above. the A9 used a single row of wheels which is evident by the guide horns either side. A13 used pairs of road wheels with the horn between them
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allied tank track from the battlefield  

ubiquitous carrier track

here's the tank the boxed A13 track came from

Thought the chalk looked familiar......

Here are the latest two pick-ups, looking back through the thread I think they are A13 webbed and a variant of the A9 previously shown. Perhaps mr. 8men might be able to shed a bit more light on them.

Allied tank track from the battlefieldAllied tank track from the battlefield

US T49 track for Vertical Volute Spring Suspension (VVSS)

T49 Steel, cast, parallel grouser
    D48073 shoe, C106358 link
    Steel tread links for Sherman
    width: 16-9/16"; pitch: 6"; pin diameter: 1-1/4"
    Manufacturers : Goodyear, Firestone, Ohio rubber, U.S. rubber, Inland Steel
    Ram tanks: supplied as spare only.

Link from a military vehicle parts dealer in the USA.

Allied tank track from the battlefieldAllied tank track from the battlefieldAllied tank track from the battlefield

Soviet M4 on the Eastern Front

sorry it took so long to reply. the larger track is interesting as it looks like a cross between churchill and A9. to be honest i don't know what it's from but i'll try and find out

Somehow, I've missed this before... although I don't know a lot about the older stuff, I definitely appreciate Allied AFV track!

I don't have any examples myself - I do have this rather impressive collection nearby however

The area is now common land but used to be a driver / recovery training area during, & just after, WW2. The wall in the background is part of a winch testing setup on the steep slope off to the right

From previous pictures, I think that is an A13 track in the middle but not sure on the larger (closer / surrounding) set?

Churchill?
    Last edited by brickie501; 10-19-2020 at 07:08 PM.

Yes, the larger links are Churchill. Looks like there's some Cromwell links chucked in there as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast