Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Digged P-38

Article about: Gentlemen,hello! As a member of a French digger site,I cannot resist to share with you this recovering.The plane was so deep in the ground that the guy used welding sticks(real...) to spot i

Default Digged P-38

Gentlemen,hello!
    As a member of a French digger site,I cannot resist to share with you this recovering.The plane was so deep in the ground that the guy used welding sticks(real...) to spot it!
    Enjoy the pics and feel free to discover his second plane,a hurricane!You have the link in blue at the end of the P-38 pics.
    For me,a kind of recovering I had to show you because of the quality of the items and also the quality of the digger spirit:very humble and very respectful.On my site,only 2 or 3 members believed him when he said he was using welding sticks to find relics til 30 feet depth !!I was one of them ,having seen people finding water with this "tool"...
    j'ai trouvé un avion Lockheed P-38 Lightning

Default Re: Digged P-38

Hi Sebfench
    That's an interesting story and link. Over here in Ireland we call this controversial system Devining .A close relation of mine uses this for finding underground watercourses for farmers to sink wells. Its system if you don't see it done with your own eyes it is hard to believe.

Martin

Default Re: Digged P-38

Hello Sebfrench,
    I have seen, in Oxford, an Irish labourer using two welding rods bent into 'L' shapes and resting in two plastic 'Bic' biro tubes to divine buried waterpipes. I asked him what he was doing and on being told I thought he was pulling my leg. He suggested that I try it myself which I did, feeling very foolish. I walked down a tarmac- ed road holding the tube upright and the rods pointing forward. I was astonished when at one point the rods pointed inwards. I walked over the same place two or three times and the same thing happened even though I was trying not to make them move. He then sprayed some yellow lines on the road where this had happened and dug a trench with a small JCB. At about five feet depth he revealed a leaking water pipe! In no way was I directed which way to go apart from being told that he was looking for a faulty water pipe.
    I apologised for my disbelief and took him straight to the local pub and bought him a couple of pints of Guinness. He told me that most people are able to do this. Since then I've spoken to and old farmer who claimed that he used this method to find underground water courses on his land.
    Cheers,
    navyman.
    PS; I was born on Friday 13th.