Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Dornier 17 - Goodwin Sands to be raised on 4th May 2013

Article about: As reported on the BBC news this morning (3rd May 2013), the crash wreck on Goodwin Sands of the German Do 17 is to be raised on the 4th. Dornier 17 conservation | Whats going on? | Cosford

Quote by Scout View Post
    Because sadly an interest in history and the teaching of same has pretty much deliberately been bred out of the masses over generations.
    This serves the 'powers that be' and is in their interest because history is just garbage on the dungheap to them. When the broad masses have no sense of the past, they can be shaped and controlled. But as this is supposed to be a non-political forum, we should not dwelve on that.
    Suffice it to say, that its up to the likes of this forum and others like it to keep history alive in order to cast a light on the horrors of war and what really happened. Thus we might actually learn something and not repeat certain aspects.
    Im just hopping that it will change in time. Im doing my part over here. Talking to kids and their parent.
    Perhaps if they gain interest, they will continue our work and pass it on to future generations.

?

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Im just hopping that it will change in time. Im doing my part over here. Talking to kids and their parent.
    Perhaps if they gain interest, they will continue our work and pass it on to future generations.
    I wholeheartedly agree.
    Keep up the good work

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11