Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ejection Seat washed up

Article about: recently washed up here at the same place I find stuff on the coast, makes a change from wellington parts, posting pictures here in hope someone can positively ID what jet this relic is from

Angry Ejection Seat washed up

recently washed up here at the same place I find stuff on the coast, makes a change from wellington parts, posting pictures here in hope someone can positively ID what jet this relic is from, I initially thought jaguar but the jaguar that the 2 pilots ejected due to fuel leak was in the 70s and this seat is dated 1988 and 1989 on the underside, Tornado jet(?) the side data plate has faded writing and inspection numbers and stamps, at the top it says "Martin Baker Aircraft Co Ltd" hopefully the pictures come out ok, I only had my gopro which has a weird wide angle fisheye lens
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ejection Seat  washed up   Ejection Seat  washed up  

Ejection Seat  washed up   Ejection Seat  washed up  

?

Well I know absolutely nothing about Ejector seats, but you could consider reporting the find to the RAF, you never know it could turn out to be missing evidence from a crash, especially if it was washed up.

Yeah, I'd contact the RAF. They lost two Tornado jets back in 2012, I seem to recall. Three of the airmen died. Could well have come from that crash (two of the jets hit each other). There have been some other RAF jet losses too. Are you on the Moray Firth, if so very likely from a RAF jet accident. So do the right thing, contact the RAF or local police.

Alex

Are you aware of this site

Could be of interest
    UK Military Aircraft Losses

Quote by Alexander View Post
    Yeah, I'd contact the RAF. They lost two Tornado jets back in 2012, I seem to recall. Three of the airmen died. Could well have come from that crash (two of the jets hit each other). There have been some other RAF jet losses too. Are you on the Moray Firth, if so very likely from a RAF jet accident. So do the right thing, contact the RAF or local police.

Alex
    Looks very much like a GR4 seat base to me. As said report it to the RAF.

it is a dingy pack from an EjecTION seat.... cant really tell what mark seat it is from...drop it into the gate at Lossie explaining where you found it....
    The Seat Bay, as in, Ejection Seat Bay/ Safety Equipment Bay, could possibly be able to trace the numbers on the pack... Looks to still have it's local black id numbers on it..... of course they will only be able to trace it, IF it was a Lossie jet that went in....

Quote by davejb View Post
    Well I know absolutely nothing about Ejection seats, but you could consider reporting the find to the RAF, you never know it could turn out to be missing evidence from a crash, especially if it was washed up.
    Sorry bout this,but, as an Ex-Armourer ive just gotta do a word check......no such thing as ejector seat..... Ejection Seat it is

?

Try to keep any piece of attached organic material etc included with the find. It can maybe give raf a help in finding what depth the wreck maybe are located on. And also give a clue where in the wide sea they should look.

cool find, hope they can trace it

just found another one today within about 5-6 miles from where I found the other...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast