Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gardening with militaria

Article about: My brother sent me this photo he took whilst he was out walking his dog. Cockpit canopies being used as cloches. I’m not sure what they’re from but they look similar to a Harvard. Amazin

Default Gardening with militaria

My brother sent me this photo he took whilst he was out walking his dog. Cockpit canopies being used as cloches. I’m not sure what they’re from but they look similar to a Harvard. Amazing what’s still out there (and being used)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gardening with militaria  

My friend uses an original Flieger Kappmesser aka Luftwaffe gravity knife, to cut his bean canes. The part that holds/releases the blade is long gone and the blade is now held in the released position by a screw. I have asked him numerous times to sell it to me, but he says it was a gift from his father in law, so he can't part with it.

Awesome, friend

Regards
    Santi

I wear an old 1980s era boonie hat while working in the sun and I found
    a 1917 Plumb Trench knife in a box of gardening tools at a flea market.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

A guy I know has 4 shortened ww2 German bajonetts laying around in his toolboxes. His father used them to clean out the washing machine and do other stuff with it.
    The father of my fathers friend used to wear a ww1 German belt buckle. That was in the second half of the 20th Century.
    And my father uses a Wehrmacht Rucksack for when he goes fishing.
    There is still a lot of stuff in use.

When I was a child, in the early 1970s, I remember that in my great-grandmother's house in her small village, they used a machete to cut the weeds, a machete that her uncle brought back from the 1868/78 Cuban war against the insurgents. . I will never forget how heavy it seemed when I picked it up.

I imagine that it will remain stored there in the barn or some trunk in the house....

Regards
    Santi