Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help Japanese Pearl Harbor Aircraft Relic

Article about: From the estate of a Pearl Harbor survivor, found among other pearl harbor items. I would appreciate any information the forum may be able to provide. I see no markings. Possible burn marks

Default Help Japanese Pearl Harbor Aircraft Relic

From the estate of a Pearl Harbor survivor, found among other pearl harbor items. I would appreciate any information the forum may be able to provide. I see no markings. Possible burn marks as seen in photos? Any idea of aircraft type?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Japanese Pearl Harbor Aircraft Relic   Help Japanese Pearl Harbor Aircraft Relic  

Help Japanese Pearl Harbor Aircraft Relic   Help Japanese Pearl Harbor Aircraft Relic  

Help Japanese Pearl Harbor Aircraft Relic  

Hello Ash...for the time being until this can be identifed..I will move your thread to the Armour and Aircraft forum for further study and Identification

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

might be from a Val dive bomber (seen in flight) as its shield protecting the pilot and bombardier in the cockpit had an extensive frame work to hold the screen material in place. The second image is of the tail section of a Japanese Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero fighter plane, lies next to a building at Fort Kamehameha on Oahu. The plane was hit by American fire and crashed while attempting to strafe installations on the ground.

There is an impact site where a zero plane was shot down & augured into the earth at Marine base Hawaii, Kaneohe and the pilot died in that crash. Then another zero that was shot up, crashed onto Ni'ihau about 20 miles off Kauai. The pilot got out of the aircraft and a Hawaiian came to help him. The pilot shot and wounded the Hawaiian,, and the Hawaiian fellow lifted the pilot over his head and then slammed him down on a rock wall hard enough to kill him. The wreckage of that aircraft is in the Pearl Harbor Aviation museum on Ford island.

The tag looks War era, heavy duty linen type but what's strange is it has no ID# on it for forensic use. Could be people were tasked with removal of downed aircraft and the guys kept parts for themselves.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Japanese Pearl Harbor Aircraft Relic   Help Japanese Pearl Harbor Aircraft Relic