Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Late war ME109G crash relics

Article about: A couple of years back I bought a group of relics from a Messerschmitt BF109G from member ‘Asperious’ but one thing led to another and I never showed them to the forum. Meantime though, I di

Hi Francis,
    Thanks for your kind words and good luck with your own research project.
    What I CAN tell you is that you have a fuel port from a medium bomber ( like a Junkers 88 / Dornier 17 or Heinkel 111 ....common to all )

Late war ME109G crash relicsLate war ME109G crash relics

these had self-sealing fuel tanks whose position can be identified in photos by the round or teardrop access panels on the wings inboard of the engines. A nice and seldom encountered relic as a whole unit.

( I have a sad one myself ....... waiting to be restored )

The fuselage port of fighters ( ME109 / FW190 etc... ) were located directly behind the pilot and look like this....

Late war ME109G crash relicsLate war ME109G crash relicsLate war ME109G crash relicsLate war ME109G crash relics

Love to see your other items..... was it from a UK crash site?
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    ..... and the fixture for holding the first aid satchel. ( not sure how it worked or where it was .... any help in that regard?)

it does say "halterung fur sanitstache" on it..
    Yes, that's the fitting for the Luftwaffe first aid pouch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late war ME109G crash relics   Late war ME109G crash relics  

Last edited by The Devil's Bank; 05-12-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Oooh thankyou!
    Now i have to find a satchel.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

More pictures of the first aid pouch
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late war ME109G crash relics   Late war ME109G crash relics  

Hi Dan. Very sorry that I haven't responded sooner. I didn't mean to be rude...... I wasn't aware that I had a reply. I used to get notifications in the past. Weird. Thank you for those excellent images, much easier to picture the use/position. I found this in a field in Northern France where I have been finding parts from this aircraft, plus Sherman parts. I will start a new thread with pictures of the parts found. I have to warn you now though, it could run into several pages. ;-) here are a few to keep you going for now. by the way, do you know what image 7708 could be please? This is not my photo, but I have the same piece. Thanks again, for your reply and your inspiration. Kind Regards, Francis.Late war ME109G crash relicsLate war ME109G crash relicsLate war ME109G crash relicsLate war ME109G crash relicsLate war ME109G crash relics

?

7708 is one of a pair of bomb steadies, look under a ju88 or similar. ju88 bomb steady - Bing

Hi Ian, thank you for the advice. I knew the owner of the original picture was incorrect, but I had no idea what it was. Fl number is barely legible, badly corroded. It was obviously nothing to do with 'antennae' as it has a coarse threaded screw for adjusting some kind of balance, with a locking lever to prevent from moving after adjustment. Your description makes sense. Just struggling to find more about it, but I will persevere. Hopefully it will ultimately narrow down the choice of aircraft to help with identification. I have looked at pics of the radiators from JU88 but it's quite different to ones I have. Thank you again. Kind regards, Francis
    Incidentally, did you see the alloy piece with the numbers on? R8 etc. Do you think that this is relative to aircraft model? Could the 188 be junkers 88 for example?

?

Yes, the German numbering system was very literal, so R8-188 is Junkers 188. Interesting find!

Excellent Ian. :-) I cannot thank you enough for putting 2 and 2 together for me. That then I assume would mean the next two digits makes it built in 1943??? There appear to be many variants though, of which non of the following numbers points to at first check. You bought me THIS far mate. Any thoughts? Thanks again, I have been finding parts from this craft now for about 3 years and never had a definite identification before. Different suggestions all of which were a possibility until something else turned up. Once I have the precise model variant, I will upload some images of the more interesting parts. Kind regards, Francis. UK.

Sanitaetstasche means First Aid pouch.
    Edited: Sorry I did not see that this was already answered.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3