Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M24 Stielhandgranate genuine?

Article about: Dear members, could you please help me identifying whether these M24 are genuine or not? Thank you very much in advance Cheers Tom

?

Default M24 Stielhandgranate genuine?

Dear members,

could you please help me identifying whether these M24 are genuine or not?

Thank you very much in advance

Cheers
    Tom

M24 Stielhandgranate genuine?M24 Stielhandgranate genuine?M24 Stielhandgranate genuine?M24 Stielhandgranate genuine?M24 Stielhandgranate genuine?M24 Stielhandgranate genuine?

mpw
    ?

They both look fine to me. The one on the left certainly has that relic patina look. Probably two different manufacturers as one top fitting appears to be screwed to the wood and the other crimped.

Rgd's Mark.

Both look period made, are there any markings on the wooden handles?

Two very nice stick grenades! It's worth noting that the fuses are missing their wire pull tabs, so if you're planning on attaching a pull cord you'd need replacements. Nice to see an original fragmentation sleeve too.

B.B.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Both look period made, are there any markings on the wooden handles?
    Thank you! Yes one is marked:

?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Two very nice stick grenades! It's worth noting that the fuses are missing their wire pull tabs, so if you're planning on attaching a pull cord you'd need replacements. Nice to see an original fragmentation sleeve too.

B.B.
    Many thanks for your reply! What do you mean by it's worth nothing? He is selling the better looking one for 320€. What in your opinion is it worth?
    Thank you!

Quote by cod552 View Post
    Many thanks for your reply! What do you mean by it's worth nothing? He is selling the better looking one for 320€. What in your opinion is it worth?
    Thank you!
    Worth noting, as in worth taking note of. If you ever want to complete the grenade by adding a pull cord and porcelain ball, the fuses are missing the wire loop needed to attach the cord. Replacements are easy to find, however.

That price tag sounds about right. I paid 400 Euros for my own, late war example. Early grenades with stenciled lettering on the head are getting quite hard to find. If I was in your shoes, I'd go for the better looking one in a heartbeat.

Regards, B.B.

?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Worth noting, as in worth taking note of. If you ever want to complete the grenade by adding a pull cord and porcelain ball, the fuses are missing the wire loop needed to attach the cord. Replacements are easy to find, however.

That price tag sounds about right. I paid 400 Euros for my own, late war example. Early grenades with stenciled lettering on the head are getting quite hard to find. If I was in your shoes, I'd go for the better looking one in a heartbeat.

Regards, B.B.
    Aaaah sorry I misread, my mistake. So you wouldn't say it is fake because of the good condition?

Regards

Quote by cod552 View Post
    Aaaah sorry I misread, my mistake. So you wouldn't say it is fake because of the good condition?

Regards
    I will echo the opinions of other members, and say that both look authentic. Going on the condition, they may have been ground dug, as mine was. I'd go for the better looking of the two if I had to choose. If money was no object, I'd go for both.

B.B.

?

I see these were posted on Facebook for authentication as well just a mere 8 hours ago.

Not sure why you posted them there if you were happy with the answer here...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast