Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerfaust find

Article about: Hi all, just for interest and your delectation. Recently found in Northern France. Totally intact and already pre-dug, and left behind. The business end is so light, it's almost as if the ex

Default Panzerfaust find

Hi all, just for interest and your delectation. Recently found in Northern France. Totally intact and already pre-dug, and left behind. The business end is so light, it's almost as if the explosive charge has been 'steamed out'. Obviously I left them where they were after taking some pics. I also informed the local woodmen working close by. The response......? A Gallic shrug, as if to say 'so what?' You gotta love the French laid back attitude. Regards. Francis.

Incidentally, they were still there on my return 3 months later!!!!

Panzerfaust findPanzerfaust findPanzerfaust findPanzerfaust findPanzerfaust findPanzerfaust find

Cool
    But I don't thinkI would have been propping them up for a photo.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Nice finds. And I agree 100% with Greg.

No touchy for me... Just a call to the local police
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I believe the explosive used in the warhead is/was biodegradable...why i do not know...

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Cool
    But I don't thinkI would have been propping them up for a photo.
    Hi Chopperman. I know what it looks like. But, if you HAD handled them you would realise why I placed them as in the picture. They were so light, as if the explosive end was completely empty. Maybe the explosive IS biodegradable as mentioned further down and it had simply dissipated over time. I got the impression from the woodsmen close by that they had been laying there (where I found them) for some time and they didn't appear concerned in the slightest. Shame in a way to leave them but I don't know enough about the propellant part of this so better safe (and legal) than sorry (and illegal). It was a nice photo opportunity though. Kind regards. Francis.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice finds. And I agree 100% with Greg.

No touchy for me... Just a call to the local police
    Hi MAP. If I had uncovered these myself, I would have left well alone as it would have been impossible to know their weight without removing from the ground, that would have been to much of a sphincter tightening experience for me. �� Kind regards. Francis

As said you'd be very unpopular if you tried bringing them back. The igniter and propellant charge is unsafe and would be intact. Only way to be sure the propellant was missing would be by measuring the distance from the tail end of the rocket to the back of the tube. Given they are complete I think you were wise to leave them. Far easier to dig empty tubes and add a safe warhead later.