Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Panzerfaust relic

Article about: I prefer to leave them on the place where it was found

?

Default Re: Panzerfaust relic

SniperJohn you have a good nose, your right the propellant charge in a panzerfaust is indeed black powder, this was probably due to being easy to produce compared to proper rocketry propellants, and at the end of the War I'm sure as long as the war head left the tube it did not matter much what lunched it.

As to deactivating one of these then as I've said many time before "High explosives can really spoil your day" also I think a lot of people forget that most high explosive have both a solid and liquid component, and as such can become very unstable with age, especially when they have been in the ground for 50+ years, and thus get a little sweaty just like dynamite, so could explode on contact, or if dropped, or for that matter if struck with a metal object such as a shovel. Plus if it was safer to disarm such items the EOD/ RAF/ Bomb disposal etc would deactivte such items on site when found instead of blowing them up!
    Finally I remember a case back in the 1970’s were some young lads discovered a belt of Machine gun ammo (.50 BMG?) at one of the old wartime airbases in the U.K. one of them thought he take a hammer to the bullets to set one off, and that was the last stupid thing he ever did, as striking one set of the whole belt and that was the end of him.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

?

My Great uncle who was Hitler Jugend during the war, has a Mint ScwimmWagen complete with MG and PF!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerfaust relic   Panzerfaust relic  

Panzerfaust relic   Panzerfaust relic  

yea i was surprise it went throw customs with the powder packs in them ,,it was hinden with sand and dirt,,when it got here i cleaned what was inside and 2 powderd pack come rolling out of it,one was all in pcs,,the other had german writing on it ,,,

Quote by Dean View Post
    My Great uncle who was Hitler Jugend during the war, has a Mint ScwimmWagen complete with MG and PF!
    and a 74' Vette ! sweet.......
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    and a 74' Vette ! sweet.......
    Prost ! Steve.
    you would spot that wouldn,t you steve,!! i likey too !!!! cheers, mike

God!!! I've just realised that this might be the same guy (Polish chap) that still attends Leeds fair with all kinds of relics (usually upstairs for any of you that attend)... and I WAS thinking about buying one of these.... Thanks guys!!!!

Nice!

If in any doubt, if you can look down the length of the tube and see your toes at the other end then it is safe!

"If in any doubt, if you can look down the length of the tube and see your toes at the other end then it is safe!"

And if you can see your own backside?

Then it's just too late..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4