Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The remains of 5 German soldiers found (D-Day)

Article about: I wonder if they were all German...the Normandy defenses had a lot of Russian "Hewees" manning some of the big guns. And if one did come across some of these, what would the presen

?

Default Re: The remains of 5 German soldiers found (D-Day)

Thank you for sharing the story. R.I.P. to those found

?

My , have you ever talked to a veteran whom had to bury enemy dead in a hurry - and often bloated/rotten fetid corpses same were. They or anyone else in that situation could have cared less if face down or not..so why read more into this than you should ?. And by th epic posted two were obviously face up...missed that huh. And being they had field gear on and ammunition it's not very damn likely they were shot in the back as POW's either. You want to talk about unarmed POW's being MURDERED remember that photo of the german troops around a muddy well trying on boots taken off dead UNARMED american POW's they shot.... not a weapon or peice of combat equipment on the bodies in that picture. Be a little more carefull when you fling around the word Murder as an accusation already. Go ask some frenchmen whom had family murdered by the occupiers of france then and how they give a rats arse about those enemy dead.

True words and thoughts at all!
    Quote by gew98 View Post
    My , have you ever talked to a veteran whom had to bury enemy dead in a hurry - and often bloated/rotten fetid corpses same were. They or anyone else in that situation could have cared less if face down or not..so why read more into this than you should ?. And by th epic posted two were obviously face up...missed that huh. And being they had field gear on and ammunition it's not very damn likely they were shot in the back as POW's either. You want to talk about unarmed POW's being MURDERED remember that photo of the german troops around a muddy well trying on boots taken off dead UNARMED american POW's they shot.... not a weapon or peice of combat equipment on the bodies in that picture. Be a little more carefull when you fling around the word Murder as an accusation already. Go ask some frenchmen whom had family murdered by the occupiers of france then and how they give a rats arse about those enemy dead.

Quote by gew98 View Post
    You want to talk about unarmed POW's being MURDERED remember that photo of the german troops around a muddy well trying on boots taken off dead UNARMED american POW's they shot.... not a weapon or peice of combat equipment on the bodies in that picture.
    To be fair mate, it wasn't just the Germans who were committing these attrocities... there are many stories of Allies shooting dead German POW's too.

?

Is anyone ever noticed that on Allied side were not war criminals?

gend

All sides committed war crimes, stop bickering. War is horrible and brings out the worst in man.

?

No-one knows the circumstances surrounding these men's deaths. Speculating and guessing over circumstantial evidence is just that.

The thread was started a while ago as it is an interesting story about the discovery of remains of soldiers killed during the war. Keep the thread on track and do not let it slide any further into a 'their side was worse than ours' argument. This is a friendly message, there won't be another.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I always wonder why they are always called "Nazi" soldiers? They were German soldiers. Many soldiers were not members of the party. I think always calling them Nazi's does them a disservice.

All sides in war commit criminal acts. Individual soldiers, platoons, and most crimes were not sanctioned by the nation or the army they fought for. In the American Civil War, Union soldiers raped and pillaged many farms and homes in the South. Thus is war.

Any soldier who gives his life for his country, no matter how wrong that country may be, is a brave person deserving of respect. To surrender your LIFE...that takes a monumental courage that many could never muster. All fallen soldiers deserve respect and dignity. Period.

Why do Europeans all call Americans "Yankees"? Even those from deep in Dixie are all lumped into "Yankees". It's just one of those things, I guess... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Why do Europeans all call Americans "Yankees"? Even those from deep in Dixie are all lumped into "Yankees". It's just one of those things, I guess... William
    As a Southerner who moved to New Jersey...I catch a lot of flack and am now called a Yankee by friends in the South. Now I live in Virginia again I still get called a Yankee because I moved from New Jersey. I cannot win.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast