Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Small track ID

Article about: Came across this small track near Berlin. Is it possibly from a Kettenkrad? No idea where to research the codes on the plate.

?

Default Small track ID

Came across this small track near Berlin. Is it possibly from a Kettenkrad? No idea where to research the codes on the plate.
    Small track IDSmall track IDSmall track IDSmall track IDSmall track IDSmall track IDSmall track IDSmall track IDSmall track ID

Going by the number W112, it is for the early Sd.Kfz. 11 and I think also the Sd.Kfz. 251 Ausf A and B.

Also the maker code bgq is for Bata A.-G., Maschinenfabrik, Zlin.

?

Awesome. Thank you. Where do you find such detailed information? The knowledge on this forum never ceases to amaze me!

I am a fan of the German 3 ton half track and have been collecting parts for a number of years. I have a restoration thread on this forum.

The information on the manufacturers code I get from a code book I have had for many years.

?

Thanks again for the info. Finding something cool like that makes all the hours of fruitless searching worth it.
    I just checked out your thread - fantastic work, admire your dedication and passion for the project. I'm based a few miles from you, i'd love to take a look when it's finished (assuming lockdown ever ends!)