Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some of my collection

Article about: Hi guys new to this site just thought id show some of my finds on here hope you like them as i dont really know any other collectors its going to be good to show you guys after many years of

Default Some of my collection

Hi guys new to this site just thought id show some of my finds on here hope you like them as i dont really know any other collectors its going to be good to show you guys after many years of collecting.I have been collecting since about the age of 7-8 on and off over the years it wasnt untill i reached my mid 20's that i got really interested again i am now 33.I have been involved with and still am aviation archaeology and am a member of the B.A.A.C. I collect mainly Raf items uniforms,relics,aircraft parts etc.I also have an interest in the army side of things ww1 to ww2 and if im offered even earlier items (but i must like them).I mainly buy at carboot sales,junk shops or people i bump into who happen to have things.One thing i would like is a ww2 British airborne helmet which still evades me so if you can help on this subject and point me in the right direction please let me know.The mortar shell does anyone know its origin please what is it? been in my collection since the mid 90's sat on the shelf ever since.The prop came from a scrap dealer who got it from Brancaster bay,the .50 cal from a guy who found it on an american airbase where a crash was (its barrel is like a bannana and has no guts.The De havilland sign from a car boot sale cost me under 70p!!!!! the chock from an old pond on an old airbase and the group of items from one of my haunts on a raf airbase in east anglia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some of my collection   Some of my collection  

Some of my collection   Some of my collection  

Some of my collection  

Default Re: Some of my collection

Welcome to the forum !

Very nice finds Airwarrior. I think you've just bumped into someone who searches and collects the same stuff as you.......ME !

I DREAM of finding a 50 cal and have to say that is a BEAUTY.

Have a search for threads started by me........You'll soon see what I mean

Steve T

I see what you mean steve like the trench art plane.Do you use a detector where you go? I dont as theres too much crap in the ground and its lucky im in the building trade and my fitness is up to scratch because by the time im finished ive got a great big hole dug should go into pond digging for people!

Yeah I do.....but I always pick sites off the beaten track where no development has taken place. That way 90% of my detections are relics

Have a look at this thread....

Collection cupboard re-vamp !

............it needs updating as I have far more now but it'll give you a good insight into what I am finding with a detector.

Steve T

Hello and welcome,
    Regarding your mortar, I was asking a similar question here yesterday! The mortar men suggested that it is a French 81mm Mle 1924-27. I'm no expert in this field, and only have the fin for comparison, but having googled the projectiles some certainly look like yours.
    Cheers,
    navyman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some of my collection  

Steve,
    Is the button in airwarriors 2nd pic a prop pitch control from a Spit or Hurricane?
    I've never seen one but if it's from an airfield is it a close guess, or am I miles off the mark? I understand that fine pitch was neccessary for take off and coarse when aloft, or the other way round!
    Cheers,
    navyman.

Hi that is the same mortar no doubt only other one ive seen thanks

Hi in the 2nd pic i have a cockpit lamp, oxygen bottle adjustment thingy!! it says use no grease or oil.Backings from raf officers eagles and the white button that says b fine is from a h2s set i think 90 per cent sure.

The 'B Fine ' knob is almost certainly from either an H2S set or a Radio set. I don't think it's anything to do with propellor pitch.........far more likely an 'electronic' device.

I've trawled the net and can't find anything like it BUT that actually points more to H2S given the highly secret nature of the thing !

Steve T

Hello Steve and Airwarrior,
    That was just a hopeful guess from an old submariner who is facinated by flying.
    At age about 57 I had my first flight and enjoyed all 10mins of it so much I can't wait for the opportunity to do it again. I'll be 60 very soon so if you have a light aircraft please let me know?! Thanks to your information I now know something else about aeroplanes. (can you explain 'pitch' for me)?
    Best regards,
    navyman.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast