Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Treasure map to anyone who wants it.

Article about: I worked with an older German guy in 1990. He looked about WWII age and as I have always had an interest in WWII I asked him if he was in the war. I was expecting at most he would say he was

Could be he was wrong about the date, even in 1990 it was still a long time ago. I fully believe his story was true, but I think the bigger question is after over 75 years if it's still there. I'm thinking that at some point they may have dredged that little creek out and found it. At any rate I mainly posted it for the benefit of someone who lived close by or even in that little town so it would be no big deal to look for it. He had some incredible stories from his time in the war, I tried to get him to write a book about it but he wasn't interested. He died in 2008 so all those stories are lost like tears in rain.

Don’t need another one thanks.

?

Quote by m4a1sof View Post
    I 'll tell you what if it's not there I will give you your money back.
    So, If I fly to Germany...……….You'll reimburse the trip????
    I promise to fly economy(Round trip of course), I'll only rent a compact and I'll look for the cheapest room available...…

Deal????

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by m4a1sof View Post
    I 'll tell you what if it's not there I will give you your money back.
    Oh mate, we were having a good bit of banter here then you throw that in! Did I just fall down a rabbit hole?

YouTube

Now, if we talk fantasy Grace Slick in the '60s

Regards

Mark (I was only a small boy then!)
    Last edited by Watchdog; 05-15-2020 at 12:18 AM.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

It's a good story, it reached page 2 on the thread. It's just that the close proximity of the shallow stream to a town and kids playground makes it very unlikely it was not discovered in the years since. However, a WRF member may be able to detour to the spot, roll the trousers up and do a bit of wading along that stream for us all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2