MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

U 995, VIIC/41, Laboe, Kiel, Germany - one of only five German submarines left. GRAPHCS HEAVY!!!

Article about: by Stickgrenade Wow, thanks for taking the time to post all those super photos Is the KM your main subject of interest? Nick Hi Nick. Yes it is. You can call me obsessed, I guess. Being insi

Thumbs up U 995, VIIC/41, Laboe, Kiel, Germany - one of only five German submarines left. GRAPHCS HEAVY!!!

A friend and I have been in Laboe several times now to see this uboat and I thought I´d post a few of my numerous photos here, in case some of you have interest in seeing them.
    I can upload more if these are not good enough.

I also did a bit of filming inside the boat.

The photo of me and the gentleman: I met this German gentleman inside the submarine: he told me that he during WWII served on several German submarines, including U 575. It was very obvious that he has an interesting story to tell (and probably similar memories as well).

After the war U 995 went to Norway and became a school boat there under the name of Kaura.

More info on this beauty can be found here:
    The Type VIIC/41 boat U-995 - German U-boats of WWII - uboat.net
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U 995, VIIC/41, Laboe, Kiel, Germany - one of only five German submarines left. GRAPHCS HEAVY!!!   U 995, VIIC/41, Laboe, Kiel, Germany - one of only five German submarines left. GRAPHCS HEAVY!!!  

U 995, VIIC/41, Laboe, Kiel, Germany - one of only five German submarines left. GRAPHCS HEAVY!!!   U 995, VIIC/41, Laboe, Kiel, Germany - one of only five German submarines left. GRAPHCS HEAVY!!!  

U 995, VIIC/41, Laboe, Kiel, Germany - one of only five German submarines left. GRAPHCS HEAVY!!!   U 995, VIIC/41, Laboe, Kiel, Germany - one of only five German submarines left. GRAPHCS HEAVY!!!  

U 995, VIIC/41, Laboe, Kiel, Germany - one of only five German submarines left. GRAPHCS HEAVY!!!  
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 09-22-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Default Re: U 995, VIIC/41, Laboe, Kiel, Germany - one of only five German submarines left. GRAPHCS HEAVY!!!

Default Re: U 995, VIIC/41, Laboe, Kiel, Germany - one of only five German submarines left. GRAPHCS HEAVY!!!

Great pics! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Fantastic Thanks for showing your pics, that is a must visit!

I went on board the one at Birkenhead before she was cut up and I will never forget it!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

It was quite an emotional trip for me though. But yes - seeing the boat was an amazing experience... I´ll be going there again soon before season is over.

Going to upload photos of the Memorial / Marineehrenmal too, this may take a while though as I have lots of them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U 995, VIIC/41, Laboe, Kiel, Germany - one of only five German submarines left. GRAPHCS HEAVY!!!   U 995, VIIC/41, Laboe, Kiel, Germany - one of only five German submarines left. GRAPHCS HEAVY!!!  

Last edited by Little Mermaid; 09-21-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Keep them coming!

I wish there was a German u-boat in Belgium. The only submarine over here; accessible for the public, is a Russian cold war sub.

Keep those pics coming!

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U 995, VIIC/41, Laboe, Kiel, Germany - one of only five German submarines left. GRAPHCS HEAVY!!!  

Looks good Ingrid, can you go inside?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Fantastic photos mate

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast