Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual ammo pouch

Article about: Came across this pouch on the surface on battle for Berlin site. Slightly smaller than usual WH ones and had large flap fasteners. I thought maybe from captured stock issued to Volksturm?

?

Default Unusual ammo pouch

Came across this pouch on the surface on battle for Berlin site. Slightly smaller than usual WH ones and had large flap fasteners. I thought maybe from captured stock issued to Volksturm?
    Unusual ammo pouchUnusual ammo pouch

Looks like a standard K98 ammo pouch.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree, a standard k98 pouch.

You might still be able to read the maker's mark. It's on the back, in the middle, below the D-ring. It looks like there is something there, but it's hard to tell with these photos.

B.B.

?

Ok cool. It just didn’t seem right. I think it’s because the flap fasteners are so clean they look enormous. I couldn’t find a stamp. Thanks for your help.

Nice find, all the better as it won't go bang!

?

It’s funny cos this had obviously been dug up but discarded (was hanging from a tree!) as was another one which, although only back piece, had a lovely stamp on it! I guess some people are really fussy. One man’s junk and all that!

?

Default Comparison photos

So i compared the pouch to K98 pouch in my collection and took some photos so you could see why i was confused about it. It's definitely smaller (although maybe shrinkage). Fasten straps seem to be on back to front. The fasten knob is very different, D ring and riveting different. Opinions please?
    Unusual ammo pouchUnusual ammo pouchUnusual ammo pouchUnusual ammo pouchUnusual ammo pouchUnusual ammo pouchUnusual ammo pouchUnusual ammo pouch