Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Zveroboy ISU-152

Article about: ph3s: That was truly amazing to see that beast fire-up and drive up onto the load carrier. There was so much of interest in that video that I have watched it three times already. I found thi

Default Re: Zveroboy ISU-152

ph3s: That was truly amazing to see that beast fire-up and drive up onto the load carrier. There was so much of interest in that video that I have watched it three times already. I found this in Steven J. Zaloga & James Grandsen, Soviet Tanks and Combat Vehicles of World War Two.
    "The ISU-122 and the ISU-152 were used by independent heavy mechanized gun regiments. They were earmarked primarily for use by the tank corps, and were kept in the second line of attack behind the tanks to provide long-range cover fire against heavy German tanks or strongpoints. Although nominally an artillery weapon, they were used almost exclusively in the direct fire role, and regiments were often raised on the basis of existing heavy tank regiments with tank rather than artillery training." The engine was rated at 600 hp and provided a road speed of 43 KPH (26.7 mph). The 45.5 ton ISU152 could travel 330 kilometers (205 miles) on roads and 120 kilometers (74.5 miles) cross-country. Dwight

?

Got a feeling that this may be one of the post war models? It's in remarkable condition and I don't think it's been sitting in that same spot since 1945.

Still, it always gives me the 'me gusta' feeling to see an old relic fire up like it was parked up yesterday

Zveroboy  ISU-152

OH damn it started and moved out. One tough tank. Thanks for the vid. I really enjoyed that.

?

Quote by DioMac View Post
    Got a feeling that this may be one of the post war models? It's in remarkable condition and I don't think it's been sitting in that same spot since 1945.

Still, it always gives me the 'me gusta' feeling to see an old relic fire up like it was parked up yesterday

Zveroboy  ISU-152
    Agreed, this was probably idea to install it as a monument. 90% of the tanks in the monuments runs to them with own power
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2