Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!

Article about: Hi All, Does this M 35 Waffen SS Helmet look authentic and not a reproduction? Seller claims it's original made by Sachsische Emaillier and stanzwerke of Lauter with "SE 66" stampe

MAP
    ?

Quote by benpitch View Post
    Got it! That makes sense and helps alot Map..Thanks again!

I'll follow up with some more photos if/when I receive the helmet.

Take care,
    Ben
    Happy to help

Definitely take better photos. I would like to put a definitive answer on this helmet.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!
    P
    Many

Default 1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!

Hi All,

I'm back with this helmet in hand...finally received yesterday. Please see the pics below and let me know if you need more. Thanks again for checking this one out...!
    Ben

1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!

MAP
    ?

Let me look in more detail later. In the meantime I've reached out to some SS helmets Guru's for opinions.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Took a closer look. The decals seem to check out.

More importantly I received positive feedback from SS helmets collectors I trust. The view is (based on photos) that this is a true period repaint, with period scraps and then a field applied set of decals. What you would expect to see for an ss-police division or einsatzgruppen re-badging.

You got lucky. Congrats

Alright...Yessss!!!! Thanks for checking into this an verifying with your colleagues Map! I did get lucky as with my SS dagger from the same seller. Who thinks to look on gunbroker for SS helmets and daggers but when I was at my girls gymnastics meet for hours I was hunting german war relics!! I was shocked when I found these for way under market but took a gamble when I read the poor seller reviews. I paid with credit card in case things went bad, but was feeling good (as I vetted it prior to purchase by contacting Bill Shea who sold it to the person I bought it from). Bill confirmed it was authentic, I just wish the seller gave me Bill's letter with it. Not complaining tho!

Thanks again, cheers Map and all who chimed in!!!
    Ben

MAP
    ?

Congrats again. Many collectors will always shy away from these SE helmets but in this case it looks like a good one.

The tropical Luftwaffe is a bad helmet for sure, the same seller was trying to get rid of a Fallschirmjager M38 with chicken wire that had an identical shade of tan and weathering to match. A little art project somebody made with 2 helmets and the same paint. I think they are still trying to get rid of them at the moment if I'm not mistaken. The SS helmet is great though!! Congratulations.
    -Pete

I saw that tropical luftwaffe helmet...they'll be holding on to it for awhile! Very happy with the SS Helmet though!!!!! Thanks Pete!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3