Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Black paint iside a ss helmet

Article about: good morning some help please just bought a Q64 lot 4691 black m35 ss with double decal party shield and a poacher white from a dealer in Normandy but the inside is painted black i am shore

MAP
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    While I was prepared to close this thread, I have left it open while I await the OP to respond to my question in Post #25.

Let's wait for Rob to answer my question and we can go from there.
    Gents: I will repeat and respectively ask again. Please lets wait for Rob to answer my question before posting any more comments.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black paint iside a ss helmet
    P
    Many

Some good advice was given here so that will for sure help someone down the road, the topic poster should buy all black SS helmets he comes across :-)

Thank you for me to reply ,in 1935 the black ss was painted black inside and outside in nice shiny black with double decal and a m16 0r a m19 liner was used and then after 1935 a m35 liner was produced so that is going against what somebody said about a bed liner the first m35 hade m18 liners ,decals were designed by Professor Hans Hass The transfer insignia were ordered from a Nurnberg firm under the auspices of the SS Administration offices. They were sold in pairs at a cost of 25 Reichsmarks per 1000 sets. It should be noted that helmet decal insignia had been utilized by the Reichwehr as early as 1933, and had also been used on a limited basis by various groups within the SS prior to the August 14th order. Still these new transfer insignia would insure consistency among the various organization within the SS. The decals also had the added benefit of being clean and crisp which is not always the case with hand rendered insignia. Some original hand painted insignia show little actual artist skill in the application,The new decals were to be applied to the helmet 3 mm under the ventilation lug with the use of dammar varnish, ducolux or Kopal lacquer. The varnish/lacquer was brushed onto the helmet’s surface and some time was allowed to pass until the medium became tacky to the touch. The decal was then placed into position, and patted down with a wet sponge to assure total adherence to the helmet’s surface. After 24 hours the decal would be thoroughly set into place,February 11, 1936, Reichsleiter Dr. Ley visits SS-barracks at camp Dachau. He is greeted at his arrival by the SS-honor guard, all wearing black helmets,As it became clear that Nazi Germany was steering toward war, the roll of the SS would change. The showy black helmets and uniforms would give way to a field gray uniform similar to that of the army. The new uniform was suited for combat not the parade ground. The last time the black helmets and uniforms were worn in mass by the SS was during the victory parade following the fall of France in 1940. From there on out these helmets were seldom seen outside some ceremonial guard units within Germany such as at the Reich Chancellery. In 1942 Himmler ordered the black uniforms stripped of insignia and turned in to equipment depots. The helmets themselves were put into storage or in many cases refurbished for combat. Original examples are sometime found with layers of matte field gray paint brushed over the black glossy parade finish. These helmets would have been worn by the combat SS-VT units who fought in Poland and later France.

As the war ended and Allied troops poured into the vanquished Reich, souvenir hunting GI and Tommies found these old black parade helmets to be irresistible. Certainly they would have seen these helmets as a symbol of the ideology they had taken part in defeating. Many of these helmets were procured from SS equipment depots or looted from various sources.

While these helmets certainly never saw combat, they do indeed stand as a silent witness of the rise of the Third Reich and the calamity that would pour out into the world.,as you can see from above decals don,t conform to the ones that were produced up to 1943 they were different,the liners as some stated you can tell by the liner wrong no you cant as they all never had the m35 liner as we all know today,black paint inside and out someone said no black paint inside wrong black ss helmets were only reissue wrong used until 1942 then reissued ,black helmets worn in paris in the parade after defeating the French so the black helmets could of come from Normandy ,and the last thing i came her for advice and all you get is sarcasm ,nothing to see here and bad helmet and poor liner and bad decals were hand painted ,quite a few people who commented need to think before they speak , get your money back why i have a decent Quist helmet for a good price ,for people's intrest i will post ,thjis is a good site to find out about helmets even black ss ones ,no need to block me i have found another forum site were people don't give our sarcasm,thank you to Larry very nice comment ,link Sinister in Black, the Pre-War Helmet of the SS - Alexander and Sons German Helmet Restoration

So what happened to the M31 helmet liner? I apologise if you believe I was being sarcastic, I really do hope you can get your money back. Regards Paul
    Last edited by paulscoot; 10-19-2022 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Typo

MAP
    ?

Well Robby.

You have written much and said nothing. Enjoy your helmet and your new forum

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A blind man seeking a blind leader to lead him. I am sure he will have a huge collection of black SS helmets if he seeks them out on ebay :-)

Did anyone bother to read his long posts ? I didn’t.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    A blind man seeking a blind leader to lead him. I am sure he will have a huge collection of black SS helmets if he seeks them out on ebay :-)

Did anyone bother to read his long posts ? I didn’t.
    Sadly, none of what he wrote supported his helmet and only confirmed what we all wrote.

Seems as if he may have copied and pasted his essay from another source, going on the wording. A portion of it anyway. As Mark Twain once said, it’s far easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they’ve been fooled, and it seems our poor friend here was just such a case.

B.B.

Denial can be a very hard pill to swallow and accept, no matter how right or wrong...

“Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it.” George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones..

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Denial can be a very hard pill to swallow and accept, no matter how right or wrong...

“Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it.” George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones..

Smitty
    Less denial and more troll.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4