Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Buying a helmet without a COA?

Article about: I have seen this helmet on German Helmet Depot and I think its nice. But should I buy a helmet without a COA from an expert (Kelly Hicks)? I need some advice. I dont want to be 99 % sure of

SFC
    ?

Default Buying a helmet without a COA?

I have seen this helmet on German Helmet Depot and I think its nice. But should I buy a helmet without a COA from an expert (Kelly Hicks)? I need some advice. I dont want to be 99 % sure of the authenticity.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buying a helmet without a COA?   Buying a helmet without a COA?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buying a helmet without a COA?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Buying a helmet without a COA?

Looks like a legit period SS to me. I like it.

COA's from Kelly Hicks are cool, nothing wrong with that, but a helmet should stand on its own.

?

No COA needed its a good one. What does a COA get you?

?

I don't think a COA is needed if you know the item you are buying is the real thing.

A COA is just a paper telling you you need to learn your hobby. Instead of forking out cash for a COA get some books and invest time in forums to study up.
    You won't need KH or anyone else to tell you what's real then and you can use the forums as back-up.
    Showing the complete helmet when looking for opinions is always highly adviseable.

The question is at what point does someone become qualified to give a COA and to have it accepted as having any value, as certainly in the past people have given out COA's from so called authorities on certain items which have no weight behind them and are a just another fakers tool to fool the unwary. Always best to know what you are buying and ask for opinions from those who know about such items and see what what the consensus of opinions is, but only as a back up to your own knowledge, as it is your money your spending and it is you who will have to live with it in your collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

SFC
    ?

There must have any significance in these certificates because many traders have that information in their advertisements and calling them to, as I understand it, further enhance the authenticity of their merchandise. If you're an amateur like me, it is not enough with pretty pictures in a reference book that I can compare with or opinions in a forum to convince me to buy a helmet for 6 - $ 7000 on the internet from an unknown person to me on the other side of the Atlantic .... Perhaps it is best to refrain from collecting helmets if you can never feel completely sure not to get scammed, but there must be someone you can trust and buy from. I can not afford more education money on fakes, so thats why I am asking you for advices and help.

The other option if you are not sure what you are buying is to post it here for authentification before you spend the money.
    That is a big plus in today's world.
    COA's mean very little to me if I either know what I am buying or trust the people's opinion on this forum. There are too many people writing COA's that I do NOT trust.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Does the COA come with a COA? lol follow the advice of those on here, knowledge is king! and priceless! if doug says its a good one from those pics then you can pretty much take it to the bank. nice lid.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    The other option if you are not sure what you are buying is to post it here for authentification before you spend the money.
    That is a big plus in today's world.
    COA's mean very little to me if I either know what I am buying or trust the people's opinion on this forum. There are too many people writing COA's that I do NOT trust.
    Ralph.
    I agree,COA mean nothing to me.
    The helmet should tell you everything you need.
    You need to learn first about helmet before buying them.
    chris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast