Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Decal preservation

Article about: Ha just work out the best way to preserve the ss decal on my helmet! the good old heat shrink plastic and the old cig lighter See the perfect result here ---

Default Decal preservation

Ha! just worked out the best way to preserve the ss decal on my helmet! the good old heat shrink plastic and the old cig lighter (well one of those fancy chef thingy's) Ya do have to spread the plastic a bit to get good coverage and to prevent peeling (ya don't want that happening).
    See the perfect result here ---

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Decal preservation
    P
    Many

Forgot to mention it's a EF helmet

Stop it Rene ....you're scaring me!!!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I just love the textured finish it gives... have you ever thought of using a blowtorch Rene'? I find the effect to be much better. I sometimes completely immerse the helmet into a bath of clear resin, and then when it sets I give the resin a good polish. This method is guaranteed to keep dust off the helmet and keep it stable. An added bonus is that you no longer need to store it in a glass display cabinet or worry about humidity. You could even attach four wooden legs and use it as a stool. What a conversation piece that would be... an SS helmet stool!

....... you could always get a different type of "stool" and mold it into the shape of an SS helmet ........eewww, yuck!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I just love the textured finish it gives... have you ever thought of using a blowtorch Rene'? I find the effect to be much better. I sometimes completely immerse the helmet into a bath of clear resin, and then when it sets I give the resin a good polish. This method is guaranteed to keep dust off the helmet and keep it stable. An added bonus is that you no longer need to store it in a glass display cabinet or worry about humidity. You could even attach four wooden legs and use it as a stool. What a conversation piece that would be... an SS helmet stool!
    Now that's a great idea Steve, I'll certainly look into your brilliant method!

Looks great in the wide shot too!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-18-2021 at 10:39 PM. Reason: added pic