Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Double decal SS Volunteer Panzergrenadier

Article about:

?

Default Double decal SS Volunteer Panzergrenadier

Double decal SS Volunteer PanzergrenadierDouble decal SS Volunteer PanzergrenadierDouble decal SS Volunteer PanzergrenadierDouble decal SS Volunteer PanzergrenadierDouble decal SS Volunteer Panzergrenadier
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double decal SS Volunteer Panzergrenadier   Double decal SS Volunteer Panzergrenadier  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double decal SS Volunteer Panzergrenadier
    P
    Many

Is this a show and tell or are you asking a question about the helmet?

?

Sorry yes thanks for your comment, I was looking to hear opinions on rarity and value, also I am not sure if the description of the unit is correct either

Ah Ok. This appears to be post war applied paint to an original pitted shell. The colour is wrong. Judging by the condition of the liner compared with the condition of the shell and paint I’d say the liner has also been added post war as well. The liner pins also look suspect. Taking this into consideration there is no need to look much further.

Out of interest, how much do they want from it?
    Andy

?

Much appreciated this link says the paint is is a WWII German SS Double Decal helmet. With the classic pea green combat color. They are asking close to 500 Euro for it at an antique shop WWII GERMAN HELMETS PRICE GUIDE - MilitaryItems.com

Paddy, have a look at this link to Schwerpunkt’s website and the SS page. Here you will see examples of what a period SS helmet in Pea Green looks like: SS Helmets – German Helmet Vault

Here is another link a page on the same website showing the different types of paint with an examples of Pea Green: Factory Paint colors – German Helmet Vault

There were certainly different shades of green used by different factories but the shade on the one posted is not correct. If anything, paint often darkens with patina over time depending on storage and post war handling etc.

As Andy says, liner is recently added. The horrid colour ( to me more a 'puke green' than pea green ) is over the original paint ( see your second last photo of the set ) and the decal is on TOP of that and the rust on TOP of that!!

Worth 50 euros for the liner - that's all.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "