Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

ET64 M40 SS for review

Article about: Dear forum members, Saw this SS helmet in a seller's collection (he was selling me another one) and he was looking for more opinions on the authenticity of this et64 m40 helmet with a scratc

Default ET64 M40 SS for review

Dear forum members,

Saw this SS helmet in a seller's collection (he was selling me another one) and he was looking for more opinions on the authenticity of this et64 m40 helmet with a scratched SS decal. So i took some quick photos and told him i could show it to the experienced people over here, so here goes. Lotnumber seems to read: 817
    I checked the felt on the inside of the liner and it was the correct color, so that seems to be all good, however, what do you guys think about the decal?

Greetings, Byzantium
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ET64 M40 SS for review   ET64 M40 SS for review  

ET64 M40 SS for review   ET64 M40 SS for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ET64 M40 SS for review
    P
    Many

The decal is a very old poor fake.

M38
    ?

As said, very old and very poor fake decal. What does the other side of the shell look like? This one should have had a decal, probably Heer. Any remants?

Cheers,
    Terry

Some graphical errors for starters......shield is too tall & runes are too thin.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Ahh, thanks for the replies everyone, when i compare it now to the examples in the sticky, they do look off to me. However it's harder to see for the untrained eye because it's so scratched. Perhaps the scratching was done in order to hide the fact that the runes were fake, thus making it harder to see? @Terry, there is no Heer decal on the other side, nor any scratched off remnants of it. If it was a 'regular' heer helmet it should have had one indeed, strange, the paint looks original to me, so i don't think it's painted over.