Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Found At The Flea Market

Article about: I've been collecting for 21 years now, but I have never had an SS before, which means I am far from an expert. But this one popped up at the flea market and I just couldn't help myself. So I

Default Found At The Flea Market

I've been collecting for 21 years now, but I have never had an SS before, which means I am far from an expert. But this one popped up at the flea market and I just couldn't help myself. So I broke the rules, didn't post is first, just went ahead and bought it. It was reasonable enough. It looks real to me. M35 DD reissue. Thick paint, definitely two layers. Liner looks period replaced. I can't find a maker stamp. Decal looks like a Q to me. Thoughts? ABN

Found At The Flea Market
    Found At The Flea Market
    Found At The Flea Market
    Found At The Flea Market
    Found At The Flea Market
    Found At The Flea Market
    Found At The Flea Market

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found At The Flea Market
    P
    Many

I wanna find something like that at a flea market for a decent price! I´m no SS expert, but the paint and the liner are both one lookers in my opinion.
    I dont see anything wrong with the decals at first glance either and see a good chance they are OG - would like to see the Lotn and makers mark though.

MAP
    ?

I've been looking at the decal and to me it looks like a good Q.

The helmet isn't a re-issue as if it was it would at best have a single decal. If it was depot repainted than typically we will see the one or both of the decals painted over. Neither decal appears to be liberated.

Based on what I think I can see, most of the paint looks to be the original coat but I do see areas that do look like there might be a 2nd coat on top. Just hard for my eyes to see from photos.
    Last edited by MAP; 09-28-2022 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Typo autocorrect
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

To me a "one look" original SS helmet. Great pick up. Jim G.

Very nice, if somewhat hard used stahlhelm. Looks OK to me.

Thank you all for the thoughts on this piece. I must say after so many years it is quite satisfying to have finally found one. As mentioned before I have not been able to locate a maker mark. The only mark I can find is this "425" lot number on the rear of the skirt. In reading this forum, I have learned that there is a lot number data base to compare to and I was able to find it on German Helmet Vault. With the assumption that this is a Q, I cross checked the lot number of 425. The data base shows a M35 DD SS Q62 with an aluminum reinforced liner. Again, the helmet posted above does not have a manufacturer that I can find. However, it would appear a Q decal. It's an M35. Size 55 on the liner matches to a 62 shell. And the band on mine is a reinforced aluminum just like the one in the data set. So, again, I am not an expert, but that would seem to confirm this one. Thank you to everyone and this forum for making this possible. It has been a long journey to get here and a lot of patience. Thank you. ABN

Found At The Flea Market

MAP
    ?

Are you sure you can't see a makers stamp near the chin strap bale on the left side (if wearing the helmet). Can you take a close up photo?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map, here's the photo as requested.

Found At The Flea Market

MAP
    ?

Looks like the maker mark is covered by an extra coat of paint

Thank you for the thoughts. It is appreciated. I am very proud to have found an original piece out on the loose. It's been along time coming and the long study has made it all the more worthwhile. Thank you ABN