Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Has anyone seen a soviet helmet with SS decal?

Article about: Hi everyone, About A year ago now when I was authenticating an Allgemeine SS helmet I came across a Soviet Helmet with an SS decal on it on line. I didn't think much of it at the time as was

Default Has anyone seen a soviet helmet with SS decal?

Hi everyone,

About A year ago now when I was authenticating an Allgemeine SS helmet I came across a Soviet Helmet with an SS decal on it on line. I didn't think much of it at the time as was focused on authenticating my helmet. The other day I went looking for this Soviet SS helmet again and have found nothing, so if anyone knows anything about it or can give me a link or some images any help is much appreciated.

I normally do all my own reaseach but this ones tricky so really if anyone knows anything about it I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Has anyone seen a soviet helmet with SS decal?
    P
    Many

Never heard about. especially SS

Wouldn't the Commissar have fun with THAT guy!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Many foreign volunteers to the SS from the East wore reverse decal M42 SS helmets. The captured Russian helmets that I have seen were reissued to non combat arms like the Luftschutz and Police. I have never seen a period photo of a Russian helmet with an SS decal, nor have I seen one in person in nearly 60 years of collecting. That is not to say they didn't exist, just that I have never seen nor heard of one. Jim G.

Yeah, I had Spoken to a collecting buddy of mine and he said it was most probably a schutzpolizei helmet. Thank you for your response, if you do run into one or anymore information I would appreciate a post here.

Thanks again.