Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Helmet cover real or fake

Article about: Dear all, I can buy this helmet cover from a private collector But I need your opinion of this helm cover, the seller says the cloth and clips are probably original, only the rivets have bee

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very good observation Mark and I agree. As an aside, there actually was a recent case where something like this actually happened. Of course it was an anomaly.

Some might remember, a few years back, an untouched hoard of these helmet covers were found in a loft of an old warehouse in Germany. While most of them were completed, a number were only partially completed with some of them not having the clips/rivets attached. If I remember, the clips and springs were present for many of them, just not fully attached.

So, while extremely remote, it might be possible that someone could have "recently" finished one of these original covers and now it has found it's way to the market.
    Yep, I remember that.

I know it is simple hypothesis but, in this case if such a thing had happened and it were made known I could probably live with it as long as the rivets were original. I don't think these are?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet cover real or fake
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Yep, I remember that.

I know it is simple hypothesis but, in this case if such a thing had happened and it were made known I could probably live with it as long as the rivets were original. I don't think these are?

Regards

Mark
    Agree. And certainly hypothical as in this case the cover itself is fake But if the cover was real I could see value in the cover, but at a steep discount as unfortunately these covers command a price that are not for the faint of heart.

My cover is from that horde. It was complete but one of the rivets popped out. We just popped it back in. I was fine with that.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2