Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet

Article about: by dis360 Are you guys pulling my leg right now? I rulled this out before this post made it through last night because the emblem was reversed. If you are serious and sure I need to secure t

?

Default Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet

Please help me identify this helmet and check if possible if its authentic. I want to purchase this helmet but need to know if its real and if so its value.

I don't know a lot about these but it looks like a m1916/m1917, the only stamped numbers on this are 3 numbers on the top, there are printed numbers on the neck area, to me it looks real although the leather inside looks like it could have been replaced but not sure. The emblems on the side are flush with the paint and almost look painted on but by a machine.

Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet   Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet  

Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet   Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet  

Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet   Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet  

Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet
    P
    Many

?

Wow. My jaw just hit the floor. Yes, this appears to be the real deal. Value? A lot. What is the proprietor asking?

is this in the USA?

?

Here is it's exact twin. The runic decal is an identical mirror image of the Austrian variant of runic decal, the party decal being also an Austrian and also seen on some Bahnschutzpolezei helmets. This has the head pad sewn in and also matches the paint color.

It is a mystery as to why the mirror runic decal but I believe it was used to signify a non German SS member, there is a famous photo of Remy Sch. with the mirror runic decal and a mirror runic collar tab is also period photographed in use by another foreign SS member.

I believe these were worn by an early small Austrian (pre-annex) SS unit and the reason of the runes in mirror image to signify Austrian descent of the unit. Being a mirror image of the Austrian runic decal and the Austrian party shield, on reworked Austrian helmets it's the only conclusion I can come up with.

There are supposedly 3 of these known, I am wondering if this is one of the three or a "new" one. All of them are supposedly identical.

Attachment 609610

Attachment 609611

Attachment 609612

Attachment 609613

Attachment 609614

Indeed!

?

Note mine was a former Austrian police helmet, the holes from where the metal flaming bomb insignia was affixed are drilled into the runic decal side, with the runic decal covering one of the two holes. It's also been extensively published in 3 books.

Could this be the find of the year ? !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Holy cow! This surfaced at an antique shop or something? Doug, you think its the real-deal for sure?

Post # 1 hits the jackpot for the new guy!

?

Are you guys pulling my leg right now? I rulled this out before this post made it through last night because the emblem was reversed. If you are serious and sure I need to secure this now. Is it that rare?

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Holy cow! This surfaced at an antique shop or something? Doug, you think its the real-deal for sure?
    Nothing's "sure" for me until I have it in hand. That said, I am 99.9% sure by the pics provided.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast