Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help needed SS Normandy camo Helmet

Article about: Hi list I have been asked by a friend to sell this Helmet for him and would like to know if it is a genuine piece and would appreciate any comments etc He purchased this in France a few year

Default Help needed SS Normandy camo Helmet

Hi list

I have been asked by a friend to sell this Helmet for him and would like to know if it is a genuine piece and would appreciate any comments etc
    He purchased this in France a few years back from a militaria dealer on a market market stall .

The shell markings are ET 66

Thank you in advance

Nick in Norfolk UK
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed SS Normandy camo Helmet   Help needed SS Normandy camo Helmet  

Help needed SS Normandy camo Helmet   Help needed SS Normandy camo Helmet  

Help needed SS Normandy camo Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed SS Normandy camo Helmet
    P
    Many

I think it should be fairly evident that this is not a ‘genuine piece’. I can’t work out if it’s a resprayed rusty helmet or (very poorly) artificially aged by making it more rusty.
    I’m not sure what market it would appeal to. Genuine collectors would go nowhere near it, nor would reenactors and I don’t think it’s even good enough to be called an “aged reproduction”. Sorry

100% fake junk, i´m sorry for your friend.

Thank you for the honest replies I haven't got a clue and just hope that he didn't pay lots of dollar for it

Yes this is nowhere near an authentic German helmet. Tourist junk.
    Militaria sellers on flea markets are best to be avoided , good dealers do not deal on flea markets.

The whole thing is fake ,even the helmet itself is Chinese made,i feel sorry for your friend

Hello Nick, A fake liner, in a fake helmet in a fake shell....and with a fake camo. If your friend had been an active and interested member in this forum, he may have spotted it as a fake, or at the very least had enough reservations to pass. If only. If he is still keen on collecting Militaria and in particular helmets, it would be a wise move to take out a subscription to this forum. I hope he didn’t pay too much.

Andy

A thing that i noticed - the liner is the correct reinforced Aluminiumband liner, have they always used these or are they a new fake? I have only seen fake steel linerbands so far - i think.

Adravor, a good observation, but I would say, if original, they were only using what was available to create a fantasy helmet.

Andy

Quote by Adravor View Post
    A thing that i noticed - the liner is the correct reinforced Aluminiumband liner, have they always used these or are they a new fake? I have only seen fake steel linerbands so far - i think.
    Fake reinforced aluminium liner bands have been around a long time, although not as common as fake steel ones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast