Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help! real or fake winter camo ss helmet

Article about: Hello gentlemen, This German SS helmet with winter camouflage appeared with a seller in Brazil. The interior had the crown changed and probably the chinstrap as well. What do you think about

?

Default Help! real or fake winter camo ss helmet

Hello gentlemen,

This German SS helmet with winter camouflage appeared with a seller in Brazil.

The interior had the crown changed and probably the chinstrap as well.

What do you think about him? fake or real?

Thanks

Help! real or fake winter camo ss helmetHelp! real or fake winter camo ss helmetHelp! real or fake winter camo ss helmetHelp! real or fake winter camo ss helmetHelp! real or fake winter camo ss helmetHelp! real or fake winter camo ss helmetHelp! real or fake winter camo ss helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help! real or fake winter camo ss helmet
    P
    Many

The paint and decal look bad. You might check for any markings inside the skirt although I'm not sure this isn't actually an Argentine produced helmet.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    The paint and decal look bad. You might check for any markings inside the skirt although I'm not sure this isn't actually an Argentine produced helmet.
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I asked the seller about the markings on the interior and was told the rust had erased them.
    I found it very strange that on the back there seems to be a seam and there are some holes. You can see this in some of the photos.

Looks like a post war fantasy piece. As I said on another post yesterday, when painting snow camos they never removed the liner etc to paint inside. There was no need as the paint or wash needed to be removed anyway when the season or surroundings changed.

Ask them to send you a good clear side on image of the decal and see what they come up with. I think there’s a reason they have taken it at such a strange angle.

Definitely one to be avoided.

Andy

Looks like a possible redone relic to me.

No nothing about helmets but happy to call on that one being bad to the bone!
    Ben