Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

How Often Does This Happen?

Article about: I came across a helmet that is claimed to be an SS helmet. From what I have learned so far, the decal looks to be good (bear in mind I'm still very new and waiting for the reference books to

Default How Often Does This Happen?

I came across a helmet that is claimed to be an SS helmet. From what I have learned so far, the decal looks to be good (bear in mind I'm still very new and waiting for the reference books to arrive). Anyway, the shell itself no longer has any visible factory markings so there is one less factor of confirmation. But it did raise a question. I'm curious, do original SS decals ever find their way onto an incorrect shell?

How Often Does This Happen?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How Often Does This Happen?
    P
    Many

Any photos of the entire helmet and better closeups of the decal? This is so we can see what type of shell it as this can help confirm if it should even have a decal or not.

I’m not an SS decal expert but the runic shield decal above looks graphically incorrect in my opinion.

MAP
    ?

- ET helmets can have an ET decal or a Pocher
    - EF should have EF or a Pocher (and according to Ken's book, a single known case of an ET for a foreign volunteer helmet)
    - Q should have Q decal (and for a brief period in '39, Pocher).

NS and SE, based on the evidence we have did not have a contract to produce SS helmets. So if you find one, it is almost certainly a fake (If I remember and happy to be corrected, there are a few rare cases of potential field applied decals and I think those were Pochers as well...again happy to stand corrected.)

Without pictures of the whole helmet...we can't provide much help

Based on this one photo, the helmet doesn't appear to be in bad shape, so I'm very surprise there are no marking at all.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The font of the lot nr can help but really it is never a good idea to just ask opinions on a decal. Better let us review the whole helmet as it can give better clues. I am not convinced yet of the decal.